Friday, June 4, 2010

Ordering open for 6/7 delivery

APPLES AND GRAPES order is DUE ON SATURDAY! So if you want those, be sure to get it on the order form before noon on Saturday!!! Everything else will be ordered around 10am Sunday.

1. A few people started their orders before the new prices were up. That's fine, just be sure you double check your order, and update your subtotals, as everything changes when I get the price list on Friday. (I get the price list friday morning, and it takes me a couple of hours (!) to cross-reference and add the new items. Looks like I usually get done a little before noon.)
2. The truck got here at 9 last week, so I'm changing the pickup time to 10. Try to make it between 10 and 2 on Mondays for pickup.
3. I squeaked by with that Albert's check clearing. Yeah. Bring checks to pickup.
4. Here's a message from editgrid, where I keep the ordering spreadsheet: "Please note that we will be conducting a scheduled maintenance on editgrid.com to install new hard drives on our servers during 2010-06-05 (Sat) 02:00 - 04:00 UTC. You may encounter intermittent suspension of service during this period of time. We are sorry for any inconvenience cause." I THINK that's 10:00 to midnight Saturday night our time. I think. So work around that.
5. Full disclosure: I've rounded prices up to the nearest nickel (or down, if it was a penny). What movie was that where Richard Pryor figured out how to keep all the half-cents from everyone's paycheck and got rich? That's me. (also, it makes the math easier)
6. IF YOU ORDERED THE BULK CHEDDAR CHEESE (Naomi S and Camille) please be aware that you are ordering a single 5 lb block for $36.25. There's not a way to order 1 pound of that for the per-pound price. You could order a block and split it later with people, and you are welcome to use the comments area here to see if anyone wants to do that with you. Those who ordered it in the past (me, Laura Lan, Beth) your order for it gets erased every week, so we have to keep putting it on there til we get 8 people who want a 5 lb block of cheese. (since their 8 oz cheddars are white, I assume this is white, as well, but I'm not sure) It's also available in 8 oz packages. It's not on there this week cuz we ordered that last week. I still have one or two here if you want one. 3.90 each on those.



Here are this week's SALE items.
Spinach from CA, 1.65 a bunch
Green grapes from MX 2.30 per pound
Red seedless grapes from MX 2.30 per pound
Bananas 65 cents per pound (at the store, 3 medium bananas is a roughly a pound)
Heartland Meadow top sirloin steaks. Comes in 6 oz package (I assume this is a single vacuum wrapped steak) for 3.85. (I'm not a steak buyer - I have no idea how that compares price-wise) HERE is a little 3 minute promotional video from this company.


Apples . Oh, apples. I'm keeping them on because they're still less here than through the store, and our family is going through 4 bags a week. But they are now 4.50 a bag for Galas, and order DUE ON SATURDAY. (next cheapest is Pink Ladies, over $5 a bag) Darn this planet for being so big and hard to move stuff around on. What? Eat the local fruit that is ripening here in Florida in abundance? Maybe you have a point.

Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries were popular last week. They aren't on sale this week, so the price is higher, but not by much.

Newish things:
Abate Fetel pears. 60 cents each, which is about $1.15 per pound. (edit: Ward's has these this week if you want to get one to try)
South Carolina peaches. 65 cents each, or 2.30 per pound. (doesn't seem like they'd be so similar to the pears in price-per-each, yet so different per pound, but I'm going by the numbers they give me...)
mixed fingerling sweet peppers 3.20 for a 1 pint clamshell

Applegate Farms sliced conventional black forest Ham. Okay, it's not REALLY sliced. We're going to try something. We can order two big hams (one case is two hams, roughly 5-7 pounds each) in unsliced form for 6.70/lb. (the little packages at publix come to $11/lb!) Laura C is going to bring her meat slicer over and work her fingers to the bone slicing (ew, that was not a good image. There will hopefully be no fingers in the ham.) She will be taking one whole ham for her family. So the other is up for grabs. What I do NOT want is for Laura to have to weigh out little one-pound portions. So if you want this ham, you gotta take at least TWO POUNDS at a time, and it will be roughly $13-$14 for your share. There are 2, maybe 3, of those shares available, depending on the size of the ham. I have $14 on the order form, but the actual price will depend on the actual weight of your share. It'll be 6.70 a pound. If you order this, bring something to take it home in. If this goes easy, perhaps it'll be a new thing. But if it takes her hours of back-breaking labor, it won't.

I'm ordering a case of chicken tenders. I have 12 under my own name, but please take some. I really don't have room for all 12!

Okay, so the order form is ready for this week! Pickup for these items is 10-2 Monday June 7th! Bring a check!
Love you! ORDER NOW.

2 comments:

  1. anyone want to split some bulk cheddar? i only need 1lb.

    i have a little extra butter if anyone wants some, or a pint of cream. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille I'll split bulk cheddar with you - if that's the stuff that comes in a 5lb block, I'll take the remaining four lbs. Do you have any buffalo? If yes, the current price is ? :) thnx Camille.

    ReplyDelete