1. Pickup time will be moved later. Let's try this: Pickup begins at 11:30. I know this sort of cuts into your day, making it later rather than early morning. But I think things will go more smoothly with fewer mistakes if I'm able to have everyone's orders and totals completely ready before anyone arrives. I made some math mistakes, and ended up with more extras than I intended to, mostly because I wasn't organized before the pickups began (the truck was much later than anticipated, so I should probably start anticipating it to come that late now).
I'd like to keep it within a two hour window, if possible. That is, 11:30-1:30. That end-time is not set in stone, however. Don't mess with naps to make it in time, just let me know a time if you can't make it then. One of the big factors with timing is that I can't keep stuff cool. My fridge is packed with my own stuff on Mondays, and my freezer is now bursting, so your stuff stays at room temperature until you pick up. Probably fine for produce, not so much for dairy or meats.
2. According to a flyer that came with the delivery, next week's specials will be blueberries, strawberries, mini-watermelons, peaches, and nectarines. I won't have prices until Friday.
3. There will be lunch meat next week. They left our deli turkey off this past order (sorry - I didn't catch it when they sent the order confirmation). So we're going to see if we can get enough interest to have both turkey AND ham this week. Maybe even roast beef as well. It's Applegate Farms conventional (same stuff they sell in the little packages at Publix), all around $7/lb. This is less than Boar's head deli stuff at Publix, and nearly half the price of the same stuff in the packages (the per-pound price at publix is around $11 if you're buying the packages) . Y'all tell me your experience with freezing lunch meats.
4. This coming delivery will be our last one before a two-week break, and then we'll resume July 12th.
5. I may experiment with trying something besides that spreadsheet for ordering. Something to make it so that I can print an "order" for each person, and so you don't have to squint at that spreadsheet. Feel free to give me ideas.
Love to alll,
B
Wards freezes the lunch meats and they thaw fine. I can't say I've seen all of them for sure but I know I've seen chicken/turkey frozen. Well anyway, I'm now only interested in the organic bologna just because it's all so darned expensive and that's the lowest cost of them all. We are taking a break from the other lunch meats for now.
ReplyDeleteI hope the deli meat thing works out. I'd love to order some in the future; right now, pg hormones tell me I have no desire for the stuff.
ReplyDelete