
Camille, you asked if they have bacon.
They have bacon.
PORK Bacon (these are conventional unless listed as organic)
Applegate Farms
small packages, case of 12:
Applegate Farms Dry Cured, "natural" 8 oz pkg 3.90
Applegate Farms peppered 8 oz pkg 3.20
Applegate Farms Sunday "natural" 8 oz pkg 3.20
Applegate Farms Sunday ORGANIC 8 oz pkg 4.75
larger packages:
Applegate Farms 5 lb Slab (not sliced??) 4.83/lb
Applegate Farms Hotel (thicker sliced?) "natural" 2.5 lb packages $15.00 per 2.5lb pkg
Garret County Farms Hickory smoked "natural" in 12 oz package 4.90
Garret County Farms applewood, dry rubbed "natural" in 18 oz package 6.20
Vermont Smoke and Cure Maple brined, "natural" , 10 oz package 4.80
They also have various turkey bacons and canadian bacon...
Follow the links to find more information on each different company. If you work out a comparison of the price per pound and the relative merits of each supplier, please let us know and I'll post.
7.80/lb Applegate Farms Dry Cured, "natural" 8 oz pkg 3.90
ReplyDelete6.40/lb Applegate Farms peppered 8 oz pkg 3.20
6.40/lb Applegate Farms Sunday "natural" 8 oz pkg 3.20
9.50/lb Applegate Farms Sunday ORGANIC 8 oz pkg 4.75
4.83/lb Applegate Farms 5 lb Slab (not sliced??) 4.83/lb
6.00/lb Applegate Farms Hotel (thicker sliced?) "natural" 2.5 lb packages $15.00 per 2.5lb pkg
The Applegate Natural Dry Cure seems to just have pork, sea salt and cane juice in it. That sounds pretty good. Plus, they were the only ones with an ingredients list, which is nice.
6.53/lb Garret County Farms Hickory smoked "natural" in 12 oz package 4.90
5.51/lb Garret County Farms applewood, dry rubbed "natural" in 18 oz package 6.20
7.68/lb Vermont Smoke and Cure Maple brined, "natural" , 10 oz package 4.80
In the end, it all sounds very tasty but it's probably to expensive for me. I will have to get to Newberry Cold Storage, they have great bacon for $3.50/lb (maybe $3.75/lb).
Uh, hullo. Get US summa that!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's getting down there that is a problem sometimes. If I can manage, I'll try to get some on Monday before I come over. Then you can try it. It's got the rind on, and I'm pretty sure it's just cured with salt and sugar of some sort.
ReplyDeleteHey I like bacon :)
ReplyDeleteand...if your fridge looks like mine then you need to eat what I just made
1 bag of apples sliced and cored
1 scoop of butter
cinnamon
fry on the stove top- med high heat
whip: half a carton of cream with cinnamon (I did this in my blender)
don't fry for very long- just long enough to take the edge off, cover in butter and get warm throughout
remove
put in two separate bowls and DIP! Yummy.
ours was gone in about 2.1 seconds.