Friday, September 2, 2011

Pining for Pink Ladies



PREORDERS
Ruth 1 cream
Laura Lan 1 fage, 1 cream, 2 lemon juice, 8 ground beef, 4 honey bbq wings (paid)
Michele 1 fage
Karen 1 fage
Naomi 1 fage, 1 cream, 1 wainright cheese .5lb (delivered), 1 ground beef,
Cathy 1 tenderloin
Beth 2 fage, 6 turkey drumsticks, 10 tenderloins, 2 pkg wainright 1.11 lb, 1 lemon juice, 6 ground beef
Camille 1 cream
Laura D 2 tenderloins
Tamara 1 wainright .57lb (delivered)
Tonya 1 1 wainright .61 lb, 2 ground beef
Talia 1 wainright .57 lb (delivered), 1 cream
Jen 2 cream
Carol 2 wainright 1.05 lb (delivered)
Laura C 8 colby 4.97 lb
Brenda 1 cream
Helen 1 lemon juice
Kathy 4 ground beef
Noni 3 ground beef


EXTRAS: 1 lemon juice, 7 chicken tenderloins, 4 pints of cream
(email for the extras)

CREDITS AND DEBITS: Quite a few of you have credits coming from the milk shortage or glass deposits or past overpayments - I do have a ledger to keep track of that, and usually make an additional note of it on the very bottom of the grid. There are a few debits left over from last week, which I also try to keep on the grid (some of you have both - I'll list them separately on the order form to help make it clear). IF YOU'RE PAYING WITH PAYPAL, try to do so as early as possible. It takes 3-4 days for it to reach the account that the check comes out of, and it's easier if I can get it transferred in time to cover the check I wrote.

DELI TURKEY: I was thinking I wasn't going to order this, but I guess I did, because it's on the confirmation sheet for this week! Thinking I didn't order it, I didn't keep track of who wanted it. So I'll just put it on the form for grabs. It's Garrett County, which is not certified organic, but it is certified humane, no hormones, all that jazz. You'd have to take this home and slice it yourself. It comes in two 5-pound deli turkeys, I'll cut them in half so there will be four shares of 2.5 pounds (order two if you want a whole 5 pound one). I'm going with Garret county instead of Applegate farms because they offer smaller amounts, and it's less per pound, but it seems along the same lines as far as how they're raised and processed. $7.20/lb, so the half deli should be around $18 (but I'll adjust depending on actual weight).

BACON: Also Garret county. Garret county is the non-organic version of Whole Foods' Wellshire Farms line. Not organic, but certified humane blah blah blah. It's really thick cut, and dang tasty.

NOTE ON PREORDERS: Today when you preorder, it's for the September 12th delivery. Because of Labor Day, I had to put preorders in this morning and take a guess what we'd need. I decided to skip heavy cream, ordered a case of chicken tenderloins and a case of fage. Go ahead and order whatever (I might be able to add some, we'll see) but I wanted to let you know that the Sept 12th delivery will be thin on preorder items.

WAINWRIGHT STUFF on the preorder and dairy sections: The wainwright cheese will stay in the preorders section, and the milk in the dairy, it'll just stay locked every other week since we only order it every other week. I don't want to delete it just to have to type it all in again every other week. The milk is really only for folks who either live near me so I can deliver it, or if you can get out on this side of town again to pick it up, which is probably more trouble than it's worth if you live far away.

The only produce news this week is that the price of bunched greens is about to spike.

TURKEY AND HAM ORDERS FOR THANKSGIVING are due OCTOBER 3rd. Now, Laughing Chicken farms has turkeys for $4/lb that I thought were fantastic. And I saw a notice on the yahoo meat share group for some $4/lb local turkeys. But I'll get prices to you this coming week for the turkeys from Albert's if you want to think about that. Just glancing at the price list, it looks like organic will be around $4.25, organic/free range $5, the nonorganic-but-humanely-and-naturally-raised around $3-something. I'll try to provide info on the local stuff as well - I think Laughing chicken is doing first-come-first-served rather than taking orders this year, so you'll need to just get it early and keep it in the freezer. I'll send that info out in a few days.

Bad news beets: I'm trying for the chiogga beets again. How many times have we ordered these? And NEVER gotten them! The price is right. We'll see.

Mushrooms - seems like last time these were all wildly different in size, so I may have to weigh them and charge by the weight you actually get.

Potatoes - hate it when this happens - we just ordered potatoes last week, and now they're on special for cheap. They're $6 at publix, $4.10 through albert's. I'll be doing THIS to freeze them - some cubed some shredded.

Fresh herb salad mix - this is usually more like $4. Good price. I can't find the exact ingredients anywhere. Just "A mild assortment of our organic tender baby lettuces blended with a hint of herbs."

Sad apple news: The cripps pinks are on the list (and only loose, no bagged), but they're $3/lb, which is the same price they are at Ward's. The gala and fuji are about the same price. I put them on the form anyway just in case we're all desperate for apples. These are larger than the bagged ones, so 3 pounds will be about 6-7 apples.

Avocadoes: Has anyone noticed that conventional avocadoes have been $2? Ours are just over $1 each this week, but we have to order a huge amount of them. Has anyone had luck freezing guacamole without it turning brown?

Red onions: again, something we have to order a lot of. Order two bags if you're the type who chops and freezes.

Eberly whole chickens: 3.75 a pound. Eberly is organic, truly free range. The farms are mostly Amish and Mennonite farms.

From their web site: "Eberly's poultry is hand processed... organically grown feed grains... Certified Organic... A true free-range environment, where they get plenty of sunshine, fresh air, and room... we do not use modified grain in our feed. The soils are enriched only with organic fertilizers and humus... No Chlorine or fluoride in water..."

More information on their web site HERE.

This is a preorder, and we may miss the deadline (because of Labor day) to get it the 12th, so be prepared to wait until the 19th for these.

I'm sorry it took for freakin' ever to get the order form up today. Ike had a LOT to say today.
Apparently I did, too. Man, this is a long post.

And now for your viewing pleasure:

Go ORDER HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment