Friday, September 16, 2011

Order Turkeys this week

Preorders
Carol 1.60 lb cheese (delivered)
Talia 2 thighs, 1.47 lb cheese (delivered)
Ruth 1 thigh
Beth 2 thighs, 2 fage, 5 tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese
Cynthia 1 colby jack
Noni 1 raw cheddar, 1 colby jack, 1 orange cheddar
Tonya 2 fage, 1 raw cheddar
Tamara 2.24 lb cheese (delivered)
Ingrid 1 thighs, 1.68 lb cheese
Kathy 2 thighs, 1 fage, 2 tenderloins, 1 raw cheddar
Laura C 2 thighs, 5 0% fage, 1 pepperjack (delivered)
Cathy 1 tenderloins
Naomi 1.55 lb cheese, 1 fage, 1 tenderloin
Michele 1 fage

Extras: 1 full fat fage, 2 fat-free fage, 2 chicken tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese
Email if you want any of these extras.

DON'T CALL MY CELL PHONE.  The phone and the number now belong to my sweet niece, and she won't be able to help you with any buying club stuff.  She could talk at length about iCarly and horses, though, if you're into that.  I'll provide another number as soon as I get one.  Until then my home/land number is 335-2093.

Honeycrisp Apples.  If you're new to the group, you may not have experienced me drooling over honeycrisp apples. But you will. The only other varieties on the list this week are green or gold, or red delicious.  Bleh.  So the honeycrisps are more expensive than other varieties (which is normal), but slightly cheaper than we've paid for pink ladies the last two weeks.

Butternut squash: depending on the size, there could be 8 squash in the case, or 12.  So I won't know the price of them until they arrive.  I'm going to sell 10, which might leave someone without one if there are fewer, or may give us extras.  And the price may change from the estimate I have on the order form now (though the price per pound will be the same - 1.60/lb)  1.60, I'm assuming 3 lbs each = 4.80.   I'm still learning about the seasonality of some produce, and I admit winter squash confuses me.  I see them at the farmer's market here (cheap!! Like, $2 per squash) around May.  I think you plant them in Jan and Feb here in Florida.  But I think they are "in season" in the northern parts of the country now, and that's where ours are coming from.  Because this price seems to be an "in season" price for organic.  Apparently they can last all winter on your counter.

Cauliflower: it's been over $4 a head.  So this seems like a good price.

Cut n clean greens: we've been getting these for a long time, but we have some new people who aren't familiar with these.  The photo to the right is the "rainbow kale" mixture, but this week I put on the "assorted cooking greens" variety.  It's a mixture of kale, chard, mustard, and beet greens.  All washed, chopped, and ready to be dropped in a pan or pot.  It's 8 ounces, and I've reused the container for other bunched greens that I cut and washed myself (I recommend this - it seems to really make them last), and it seems to be equal to about 2-3 bunches worth of greens.  I've had an unopened container in my fridge a full week after the delivery, and when opened they were still good and fresh.

This week's list is kind of light on the fruit.  There just wasn't much available.

Fruit D'Or organic dried cranberries, juice sweetened.
We got these last year around this time.  They're organic, sweetened with applejuice.  This is from Amazon, not Albert's, but it comes in a case of 12, so we split it here.  Ingredients
Organic Cranberries, Organic Apple Juice Concentrate, Organic Sunflower Oil. Certified organic; gluten free; Kosher; No GMO

Nuts: Is it time for another order of walnuts and organic unpasteurized almonds from our farm in California?  It'll be 8.50/lb for the almonds and 5.75/lb for the walnuts (the price of the nuts didn't go up, but shipping did).   I put these on the order form just to see if we have enough interest to order.  If we do, I think it usually takes a couple of weeks for them to arrive, so you may not get them until after our break.  For new people, these come from a farm.  You can't get truly raw almonds from a store since they're illegal (even though they call them "raw" on the package, they've all been pasteurized) but farms can sell directly to consumers if they limit the amount.  The almonds are certified organic.  The walnuts are grown on the same farm, but are not certified.  

Murray's whole chickens: we used to get these a lot, they're good.  They aren't organic, but they are no-hormone, humane, all that jazz.   You'll find them down in the preorder section in bold.

TURKEYS!!!!
I have to put our order in on MONDAY.  Go back and read the post on Thanksgiving turkeys and hams.  To make it easier, I'll put a section on the order form for them, up top.  Edit grid, the site I use for the order form, is down off and on today, so I'll have to get to it later.  But I'll send another email when the turkey order section is ready.

Okay GO ORDER.  IF YOU CAN.  The order form is giving me all sorts of trouble today.  It was down all morning (so I got a late start) and it appears to be down again now.  When it IS up, it's taking forever to update numbers and such.  Double check that everything registered and the prices updated before you leave the order form page.

No comments:

Post a Comment