Friday, September 9, 2011

September at last

PREORDERS

Ruth 1 fage, 2 chicken tenderloins
Naomi 1 chicken tenderloin
Cathy 1 chicken tenderloin
Talia 2 cottage cheese
Beth 2 cottage cheese, 1 fage
Tonya 1 fage, 1 tenderloin
Tamara 1 cottage cheese
Jen 2 tenderloins
Tory 1 fage
Helen 1 lemon juice
Kathy 4 ground beef
Noni 3 ground beef

The preorder section is locked, I'll fill it in after everyone claims a column.

No cream this week


Extras: 2 fage, 3 chicken tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese.  Email for these.


This is a week to order Wainwright cheese.  Order today, and it will be here NEXT Monday, the 19th.
New! Local Dairy from Wainwright Farms
Photo from flickr user "Native Sun"
The cheese is $6/lb (it's $7 in stores), and you order by 1/2 pound package.  The 1/2 pound packages can be anywhere between .5 and .8 lbs, so the final price will depend on the exact weight, but tends to be $3.00- $3.75 per package.

If you're one of my milk people, put in a milk order this week.  Right there on the form!  No more ordering milk separately!  (I know I've mentioned this before, but I get a milk delivery from Wainwright on Wednesdays.  Only those people who live near me tend to get milk.  ANYONE is welcome to order milk, but for those of you on the other side of town it's probably a pain to come all the way back over here to get it, and I can't hold it, even overnight.  Meeting somewhere halfway Wednesday late afternoon is an option we can discuss, though.)

A note to my milk people: So you're paying ahead of time for the milk (you'll pay Monday for the milk you get Wednesday), and you're paying a week later for the cheese.  It may be confusing to you, but it's much easier for MY records that way.


NO BUYING CLUB OCTOBER 3RD
I'm just taking a break that week.  It's our anniversary weekend, and some members of the family are preparing for a trip (sadly, not the two members who are celebrating an anniversary.)


Eggs have been lower on the supply side than the demand.  Last week I think most of us who wanted more than one dozen had to give some up.  As Norman goes on a trip for two weeks (he's here THIS week, but will miss the two following weeks), there will be even fewer eggs.  


NEWS from Albert's
This week's "news" is that the full size tomatoes from CA are not doing well because of the heat.  (but our cherry tomatoes from OV were fantastic, weren't they?)  That asparagus and concord grapes will be here mid-september, that more varieties of apples are coming in every day.  (OMGHoneycrispOMG is on the list!  But it's over $4/lb right now.  Maybe next week...)   And that the OV kales "have been fantastic".

Great specials this week.

  • Artichokes - the conventional ones are over $3 at Publix.  These are 1.30?  Maybe they're small or something, but it's still a good price.  
  • Cabbage - 72 cents per pound.  Each head should be around 2.5 pounds, but I may have to adjust the price per head when they come in, or weigh each one if the sizes differ drastically.
  • Celery - I usually consider $2 a good price for organic celery.  It's 1.65 for us this week.  Now's the time to freeze it for future soups and stocks!  
  • Apples - the gala are a little cheaper, but I noticed that they're now available at Publix, and you just can't find the pink ladies anywhere.  They're still pricey, but I thought last week's were worth every penny.
  • Pears - great price.  Maybe they'll go on special again later?  A better one?   I don't know, but if you can/preserve pears, this might be the week.  The ones from last week just ripened (please remind me to put some in the fridge this time so they don't all ripen at once) and they are very, very tasty.
  • Grapes - I know, two varieties on the same week?  But I couldn't decide, they were both such a good price.  One's big green seedless (Thompson), one is champagne, tiny little purple seedless.
PIZZA
Stone Hearth pizza is a new item, so it's on special this week (almost $1 off per pizza).  What the heck, I'll throw some in the freezer.  Click HERE for a list of ingredients (which includes organic flour and uncured pepperoni).  The large ones are 11 inches across, I can't find a size on the mini ones, but 4 of them weigh 20 ounces.  They aren't listed as "organic" even though they have organic ingredients, so they must be below 95% organic.


Guacamole: it's always been on the list, but with the avocados being such crazy prices, I actually took a second look at the guac.  Yucatan organic, you can see ingredients and nutritional info HERE.  These are 16 ounce containers, not 8 ounce.

Eberly chicken thighs:  Eberly is the Amish farmed fully free range and organic source. These thighs come 4 to a pack, and are $4.60 per pound.  They do have bones and skin.  The price is an estimate if the packages are 1.5 lb each.  The price may change based on actual weight of the packages (which is likely to be between 1 lb and 1.5 lb each).  It's a preorder, so it'll be here NEXT week.

Kaia sprouted sunflower seeds, garlic and salt flavored.  Info here.

Any other meat you're looking for?  Sirloin steaks?  Chicken wings or drumsticks?  We got some turkey tenderloins by accident last week and they were freakin' incredible (I've decided turkey is way better than chicken).  Hot dogs?  Just let me know, I'm kind of stocked up, so nothing jumps out at me.

Don't forget to email me your Thanksgiving turkey or ham order.  Information and prices are HERE.

Okay, the order form is READY!


No comments:

Post a Comment