PREORDERS
LauraLan: 6 steaks, 1 milk, 1 fage, 1 cream
Talia: 5lbs butter, 3 tenderloins
Laura C: 3 tenderloins, 5.20 credit
Naomi S: 1 milk, 1 fage, 3 tenderloins, 3 steaks
Jen B: 5 lb butter
Rhea: 5 lb butter, 1 cream, 6 nuggets, 5.69 credit
Kathy: 5 lb butter, 5 tenderloins, 1.30 credit
Naomi W: 5 lb butter, 3 tenderloins, 1 cream
Beth: 10 lb butter, 2 fage, 6 tenderloins
Camille: 5lb butter
Ruth: 2 fage, 2 cream, 12.34 lb tenderloins
Ashley: 2 cream
Tonya: 2 fage, 1 cream, 10 lb butter
Brenda: 2 fage, 1 cream, 3 steaks, 5 nuggets
Steph: 1 nuggets
NEW INFO
I'm adding where the produce comes from if I have that information. So you'll know if your blueberries come from Chile or from the U.S. (when they start coming from the U.S., by the way, their main supplier is an organic blueberry farm in Melrose. The driver often leaves my house and heads out there for pickup.) Some are blank because I don't know for certain where it was grown.
PRODUCE
No broccoli crowns available, and the heads were well over $4, a big jump. So I put broccolini on. Not crazy about many of the prices this week. Why are raspberries and strawberries MORE expensive this week? Is it gas prices? Is this happening at the store, too?
The beets - listed as mixed baby beets, this is a double bunch, twice as large as the usual bunch of beets. Bunched, so these have tops.
Ataulfo mangoes - we've been getting "Kent" mangoes. These are ataulfo, which are yellow, and also described as "stringless".
No blueberries on the list at all this week. I guess they're done in Chile, and not yet ready up here.
Other than the things that are actually on special, I think the peas and green beans are a good price - peas are available from one vendor at the farmer's market, but it's far less than a pound. And these were good. The carrots are on "special", but 1.50 doesn't seem anything more or less than usual. The rest of the list didn't have anything that particularly jumped out at me as fantastic. I wonder if we're in the seasonal "doldrums", sort of between things being in full season in either hemisphere.
Our local farmer's markets are looking great price-wise on the things they actually have. Don't forget to work that into your Saturday if you're looking for salad greens, carrots, little tomatoes, beets, kale, cabbage, or cauliflower. It opens at 8:30 over here on 441, and I do suggest getting there as shortly after it opens as possible.
MEATS
Garrett county spiral ham. This is the same ham we got at Thanksgiving. 5.28 per pound. It's a preorder, so it would arrive April 11th. Garrett county farms is conventional but "100% free of nitrates, nitrites, antibiotics, hormones, preservatives and artificial ingredients" and the animals come from small family farms.
Garrett county dry rubbed bacon. We got this on special once, and our family likes it. Thick cut, dry rubbed. Uncured.
Organic prairie pork loin roast. Other than bacon and hams, there's not much pork available through Albert's. Only Organic Prairie. Go to THIS PAGE and scroll down and you'll see what the package will look like as well as the ingredients and nutrition info. Not a preorder, so it should arrive immediately.
Deli meats: ham and chicken, both organic. I also put sliced organic american cheese on the form to go with the lunch meats, you'll see it down in the dairy section.
Eberly chicken thighs: 4.40 per pound, each pkg between 1 and 1.5 lbs. The price on there is an estimate, it'll depend on the weight that actually arrives. Eberly is the organic free range amish-farmed poultry. We've gotten these before, and really like them (cooking my last package tonight). Each package has four thighs, with skin.
MISC
The Maya Kaimal tikka masala sauce was requested again. This was very mild - my kids had no trouble eating it, I just used it with a package of chicken tenders. It's fresh/refrigerated, not shelf-stable jars. (other flavors are available, just request!)
PAYPAL
Originally, I didn't want paypal, but now that I have it hooked up to the new buying club account, and there aren't fees if you send your payment as a gift, paypal is now a perfectly fine option.
SO GO ORDER, and have a lovely rain-free day.

No comments:
Post a Comment