Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8th, order form ready.

PREORDERS
Laura-Lan: 6 steaks (if you no longer want these it's okay), 4 sliced american cheese
Ashley: 2 sliced american cheese
Naomi W: 1 sliced american cheese, 1 cottage cheese
Naomi S: 3 steaks, 4 tenderloins, 1 fage, 2 cottage cheese
Beth: 4 chicken thighs, 6 tenderloins, 2 fage, 4 cottage cheese
Kathy: 2 thighs, 1 fage
Rhea: 2 sliced american cheese, 1 chicken thighs
Talia: 1 thighs, 10 tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese
Tonya: 1 thighs
Laura C: 3 cottage cheese
Jeni: 2 thighs
Ruth: 2 thighs
Brenda: 2 thighs, 3 sliced american cheese, 1 fage

There is no cream coming in - we didn't have enough orders.

There will be no delivery April 25th. So keep in mind when you fill in the preorders that you're getting stuff to last for TWO weeks. What you PREorder this week will be in on the 18th, and there won't be another delivery until May 2nd. I will send out an email on our "off" week asking for preorders so that we can have cream and fage and such coming in on the 2nd when we return.

If you have any friends who you think might be interested, forward them this week's post and order link and offer to help them navigate the form, which I'm sure must look like a jumble of craziness when you first look at it. I think I'm ready to add a few more people. We've been short of a case of so many things lately that I'm thinking we need a few more people. People who like leafy things. If they decide to put in an order, just make sure you or they send me their email address so I can include them in updates.

We've now been getting Albert's deliveries for a YEAR!!! I think 4 of us made our first order in Beth's back yard last April, thinking it'd be a one-time kind of thing. And now here we are.

Pineland cheese. I have Salsa Jack on the order form (the link will take you to a description of it.) Pineland farms is not certified organic, but it's a small creamery in Maine that uses no hormones, no antibiotics, and the cows are pastured 3 seasons of the year. More here. We've gotten their feta before.

Garrett County spiral ham. They are semi-boneless, don't require any carving and weigh about 7 pounds. Not huge (they do have 13 pounders), not tiny. Garrett County uses no preservatives or antibiotics and they use small family farms and humane practices. In googling the brand, I noticed that lots of co-ops and health food stores are taking orders for hams, and this is the brand they all use. We got these at Thanksgiving, very good. It's a preorder, so they won't come in until the 18th. I'm beginning to think everything from Garrett County is really tasty (love their bacon). They are Whole Foods' brand under the name "Wellshire Farms".

Grateful harvest is the 100% grass fed and finished beef. Look HERE to see all the cuts they sell. We've gotten the top sirloins and the stew beef and the ground beef. Please request any other cut you'd like to see on the form!

Murray's whole chickens. Always a favorite. They could end up being anywhere from 3 to 3.5 pounds each, so the final cost will depend on the weight. The $11 is the upper estimate. I'm making ABSOLUTELY SURE I'm ordering the individually wrapped ones!

Colameco's frozen italian turkey meatballs? I really couldn't find much info on it online. It's conventional, but it's another of the Garrett County Whole Foods brands (and sells for $7 there). I'm adventurous... I'll give it a go. They have beef meatballs, too. I just thought I'd give the turkey a try since we already eat a lot of beef here, and lots of you are in on the cow share coming in through Andi's group, so you will be, too!

Did I miss anything?

Anyway, the order form is ready. Go knock yourself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment