Friday, October 15, 2010

Ready to Order.

Preorders for Oct 18

goat milk: 2- Camille, Tonya
milk: 2- Laura-Lan, Naomi W
fage 0%: 6- 4 Brenda, 1 Glenda, 1 Laura C (?)
fage total: 6- 3 Brenda, 2 Beth, 1 Tonya
cream: 12- 1 Naomi W, 1 Ruth, 3 Brenda, 7 extra

Steak: 5 Beth 1 Brenda
Chicken breasts: 20 Laura-Lan, 30 Beth, 10 Brenda

Not a lot of Specials this week
mangoes
bartlett pears

basically a lot of leafy green things right now!

artichokes - I didn't expect them to be such a good buy, but conventional ones are on sale at publix this week for $2, ours are 1.50.
Sweet potatoes - I'll be dividing a 40 pound box into 10 parts, so each part may not be exactly precisely 4 pounds, but you get the picture. 4 lbs could be about 6-10 potatoes, depending on size.
Honeycrisp - 6.60 ain't great for apples, but great for organic honeycrisps. And I'm kind of tired of paying for tasteless apples. Those galas that Ward's got from Albert's tasted like tofu. Honeycrisps are only in season for a short time, meaning these have not been in a warehouse anywhere. I've never encountered a tasteless honeycrisp.
Red delicious - in case 6.60 is just too rich for your blood, I added some lower-priced red delicious. Shouldn't apple season be ON us now? The choices were narrow.
Portabella caps - 1/2 pound is slightly larger than a normal package, which is usually 6oz.

MEATS
The whole chicken - someone really liked the chicken that was on sale last week, and asked for more Eberley's. But it wasn't Eberley's, it was Murray's that was on sale that you enjoyed so much. Eberley's is the sort of high end, all free range organic Amish farmed poultry. Murray's comes from assorted small family farms, and is certified humane, but not organic. Antibiotic free, though. So I put both options on. The price we got last time was a special, so the prices are a bit higher.

The stew beef. I just used my last package that we got waaaay back in the summer, and man, it was so good. I was going to do the same thing, offer the high end (Grateful harvest, which is organic and 100% grassfed) and a lower end that's mostly grassfed, but not entirely, and not organic, but the price difference was tiny. So it's Grateful Harvest!

I think both the chickens and the stew beef are preorders, so we may not see them until our next pickup on Nov. 1st.

I was going to put more meats on, but it's time for me to hit the parade with the kids, as promised. If I left one of your requests off, it's probably because I was hurrying to get to the parade. Just email me and I'll get it on there.

Much love,
B

Your link to the order form is HERE.

3 comments:

  1. FYI, Rosa's farms has whole chickens 2.99/lb today and tomorrow, which are organic and only slightly more than the conventional priced ones. Also, their chicken breasts are 6.99/lb for the same 2 days. Not that I'm planning to drive down there, but in case anyone wanted to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Water Buffalo Ground Meat.
    It is $5 a lb in 1.5 lb packs, so
    it's $7.50 a pack.
    It's totally range fed, no hormones, antibiotics, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to sour cream? Perhaps I'll try the fage yogurt everyone's been raving about.

    I'd like 4 containers of salsa, whatever flavor that comes in, please. :)

    Looks like I'll have about 10 dozen eggs.

    ReplyDelete