Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yay Friday! Ready to order.

I am so, so ready for a food delivery! I've been looking forward to Friday morning all week. I couldn't wait to see what we were going to be getting this week.

MEATS
I have Heartland meadow ground beef on there. It's not on sale, but someone requested ground beef, and this is the more frugal choice of the two brands available. Grateful Harvest, the other brand that we've been getting, is ALL grassfed and organic. Heartland meadow is a more frugal option, because they're pastured grassfed cows, but also eat silage and grains. And not certified organic, though it is "certified humane" and antibiotic and growth-hormone free. I can offer both, and this week it's Heartland meadow. I can't take ANY extra ground beef, so if you really want this to come in, and are willing to take more to fill up a case, let me know and I'll email you with how much that would be and let you decide before I order. This same stuff is on "special" this week at Mother Earth for $6.

Also, some of us got these a few months ago when they were on special, but those Heartland Meadow 6 oz vacuum sealed sirloin steaks were freakin' awesome. The price went back up after that, but I looked at those again this week, as I'm getting low, and was surprised to see the price nearly as low as when they were on special. So they're back on. They were 3.85 each last time, right now they're $4. (at one time they were close to $6) A case of 8 6-oz steaks for $32. I don't even thaw mine out. I just slice it thin while it's still frozen, and pan cook the slices. The photo shows the ground chuck and you can see how the steaks come packaged. The ribeye steak shown is larger than the little sirloins. (ignore the bacon)

HERE is a video about Heartland Meadow's practices if you want to decide if you're okay with non organic in this case.

PRODUCE
Broccoli. This week it'll be a bunch/head of broccoli rather than a bag of crowns. The price is finally coming down! (It was over $5 during the summer.)

Plums and nectarines. I expect about 2-3 nectarines per pound depending on their size, so 6-9 if you order one 3lb order. 4 plums per pound is my guess, so maybe 9 or so with each order?

Pears. Was it just me, or were those pears we got 2 weeks ago downright heavenly? They're totally back on. It works out to 1.75 per pound. These are little ones again.

The watermelons. It's a weekly special. The whole case weight leads me to think each watermelon will be between 6 and 7 pounds. I don't know how large that is, but I'm guessing the icebox type.

Zucchini - I think we got about two per pound last time. They were large. So one 2-lb order should be about 4 squash if they're the same size as last time.

DAIRY AND MISCELLANEOUS
The raw wisconsin jack is all spoken for. It's something we ordered a couple of weeks ago and is just coming in.
Hope 2, Ashley 2, Naomi S 2, Beth 4, Karen 1, Brenda 1

The sour cream is also something we ordered long ago and is just now coming in. I can't remember WHO ordered, except I think Camille wanted two. Anyway, feel free to order, but if you KNOW you ordered it a while ago, let me know and I'll make sure you get yours first. There's only 6 in the case.

The noble orange/tangerine juice. It's $6 at Ward's, and $8 at Mother Earth. At $3.75 for us, I'm thinking this is one of our better deals, and it'll probably stay on the order form weekly.

Hummus. It didn't strike me as a great deal, but it's made by Emerald Valley, the same people who make the addictive salsa. So I thought I'd throw that on there, too.

NO DELIVERY ON MONDAY SEPTEMBER 6TH! Houston and I are taking a short train trip to DC. I can't even express how much I'm looking forward to that.

WE HAVE NEW PEOPLE JOINING US THIS WEEK
So if you've been doing this a while, you can skip this part.
But new people, if you have a question, you can email me at brenda.wells@gmail, or call at 850-380-8415.
Get your order in by tonight preferably, but absolutely by 10 a.m. tomorrow morning. I call the order in then.
Sunday you'll get an email about what was ordered and what was not. Because not everything you "order" gets ordered.
If there's something you REALLY want, and would be willing to change the quantity you're taking to ensure it gets ordered, email me. If we don't have enough people to make a case, I can email you and ask if you're willing to take the rest of the case.
Pickup is on Monday. Either between 11:30 and 1:00, or between 2:30 and 6:30. If you can't make either of those times, just let me know and we'll work something out.
You'll write a check when you get here. The total could change if something didn't make it on the truck, or whatever. So you'll get a final total when you get here. Cash is okay, but I can't make change.

Okay, that's it. GO ORDER!

PS Does anyone like PG Tips loose black tea? Amazon has a special going right now, but it's 6 16-oz boxes. I can do that many, but would rather share two or three of them. With the two discounts combined, it comes up to $3.20 per 16 oz box. The same box is $7.50 at Ward's. It's loose tea, not bags, so you'd have to have a way of brewing loose tea. You can read details HERE. I already have them here, just let me know if you'd like one of my boxes. Goes well with half and half or cream...

3 comments:

  1. I have lots of eggs if Norm can't cover the order. Order lots, I have 10 dozen in the fridge, and no room for other food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm bringing a box of pears for folks to help themselves to. They're fine for baking and canning, just ugly. ;) I can't stand for them to wither on the tree!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor little pea brain couldn't focus on one thought long enough last night to remember to order! (I'd go to the computer, then get distracted and do something else.) Camille, I'll take lots of eggs from you (maybe 3 dozen if I can), and bring you egg cartons. I'd love to see what produce extras there are.

    ReplyDelete