Sunday, August 8, 2010

Here's what was ordered

Go take a look at the order form to see what's coming in. For the most part, I deleted it from the form if it's not coming. (there are a few exceptions. The deli meats stay up there every week, but this week only turkey will be available. I don't want to delete the stringles, the heavy cream and the 7 stars yogurt, I want to keep them up every week, but not enough were ordered this week.)

Go to the order form HERE. You can scroll over to column "AH" and see what was actually ordered, and the next column shows any extras we have. You can also look at your new total with the things deleted that aren't coming.

Here are the extras that are available:
broccoli crowns, 2 lbs
dino kale 5 bunches
red bell peppers 4 lbs
yukon gold potatoes, 1 5lb
zucchini squash - 3 sets of 4
bagged apples - 6 bags
bananas - 10 pounds!
strawberries - 2 lbs
red grapes - 3 bags
cantaloupes - 4

grateful harvest (grassfed, organic) ground beef - 2 lbs
cream cheese - 7 8-oz blocks

And I ordered chicken wings for my family (eberly, truly free range, as in, they live outside, not just a door from their barn, organic). Right now the whole case is mine, but if you want a 1.5 pound pkg, it's available.

Assorted notes
Beth, your sprouted sunflower seeds were delayed again, and she re-ordered them for next week.
The pistachios were not available this week, and they are on order for next week.
The sour cream was out of stock, so it's coming next week.
She assured me that our raw cheese IS there and ready to go!
Jen B and Naomi W, I hated not to order the stringles and 7 stars yogurt. Stringles! Anyone want some? Think about it for next week. But J and N, the expiration dates for both of those are pretty far out if unopened, especially the stringles, so you might consider a case if you really really want it to come in. Or try to find someone to order with you.

Sprouted Flour
I am still looking into the sprouted flour order. Looks like after shipping it'd be just under $15 for a 5# bag of sprouted flour. They have wheat, but also several gluten-free options. I'll probably wait until school starts to look into that and get back with you, but in the mean time, is there much interest in sprouted flours? Here's the company we would order from. I think the price we'd pay would be about what's listed on her web site - the discount she gives us as a buying club is good, but the shipping brings it back up. So it's like getting free shipping, maybe a little better. I think we have to order 20 5# bags, but they can be any mix of flours. So email or comment to give me some idea if there's interest in an order of sprouted flour.

I'm also looking into a wholesale order from NutsOnline. We can get slightly better prices as a group if you'd like to look at their site and think about things to order. Again, this might wait until after school starts.

See y'all Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I will do an extra bag of apples, pound of strawberries, 1 broccoli, 1 bunch kale, 1 bag grapes, 1 set of the squash, a pound of peppers
    and if I must I will take more bananas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bren - I'm still on the Cape, so I haven't ordered yet. (I'll be back next week, so will have to do the August 30 order). Just wanted to let you know that I would be interested in the nuts-online bulk order. I'm nuts for nuts. :) And dried fruit. So when I get back, I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll browse through the leftovers Monday -- I'm sure we'll take something. If nutsonline has pistachios for cheaper than Publix, I'm definitely interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take some extras - apples, strawberries, etc. I'll see what's left when we come. I am not going to order next week because we'll be out of town, but if you get close to a stringles order, if someone could hold one for me until we get back I'd love to order it. I'm also interested in nuts if they're a good price, and gluten-free flours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I will do all the bananas. We are going to make banana icecream.
    I am also into nutsonline- we've ordered from there before.

    and last thing...can we get peanut-butter, garlic, or jelly? I buy the smuckers organic it's just nuts and salt
    and the polaner all fruit jelly- so no additional sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and can the other cheeses come back onto the order form? the ones that are raw- but packaged in small sizes? I'll do a whole case- I can freeze them.

    ReplyDelete