Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break is too short

PREORDERS
Kristin: 1 fage, 2 tenderloins
Tonya: 2 fage, 2 tenderloins
Jen: 2 tenderloins, 2 heavy cream, 2 thighs, 2 cottage cheese
Laura-Lan: 2 thighs, 2 ital. sausage
Gretchen: 1 tenderloins, 2 thighs
Beth: 1 fage, 6 tenderloins, 1 cream, 6 thighs, 2 cottage cheese
Kathy L: 2 tenderloins, 6 thighs, 2 ital. sausage
Laura C: 1 heavy cream, 3 thighs, 2 ital. sausage
Joy: 2 cottage cheese, 1 ital sausage, 2 ham
Ashley: 2 heavy cream
Brenda: 5 heavy cream, 3 thighs, 2 ham
Cathy: 1 ital. sausage
Laura D: 1 ital. sausage
Ruth: 1 ham
Kathy G: 1 ham
Ingrid: 1 tenderloin and 1 cottage cheese from last week IF you want them (not obligated)

The italian sausage is Coleman organic chicken italian sausage we ordered two weeks ago.  The ham we also ordered two weeks ago, it's the 1.75 pound little hams.

It IS a milk and cheese week, so order those if you're a milk/cheese orderer.


Last week those pears, avocadoes, honeybells, and snow peas were really, really good.  Putting those all back on this week.

Gold beets - these are like regular beets, only yellow instead of red.  A little less messy to deal with.  And the greens can be cooked as well - the greens taste somewhat like chard (chard and beets are closely related)

Pears - those were so good last week.  I think this is the same company - my bag said something like "taste me do good", and the ones I'm ordering this week are labeled "social enterprise".  I googled the terms together and didn't get much info online besides an internship ad that describes the company (which did use the "taste me do good" tagline) as bringing: "highest quality sustainable, organic, and fair trade produce and prodicts from throughout Latin America to consumers in the USA and Europe. There is more value because every purchase generates a positive social impact, protects the environment, and provides a healthy and nutritious choice."


Minneola tangeloes/honeybells: last week a 5-lb share was 15 oranges.  They were excellent - juicy, peelable and mostly seedless.


Banana price is still high (did they go up in stores, too?)  Strawberry price seems high, too- I think fresh market had organic strawberries for $4.  Let us know if you check on that.


Zucchini - we didn't have much interest last week, but they're on again.  I have the per-pound price on, but I have no idea how big these things are.  In the past we've gotten them so large that 1 zuke was nearly 1 pound.  So I may have to weigh them and give you as close to your wanted weight as possible.  So be aware the total exact price may change depending on how they divide up, but the per pound price will stay the same, and you will get as close to the weight you order as I can get.

The sauerkraut flavor this week is dill and carrot.  Last week we got plain.

They were out of salsa last week.  So if you wanted some, re-order it this week.

Turkey cutlets:  we didn't get enough interest last week to order the cutlets, but since we had some people on vacay, I'm going to try again.
They are not organic, but humane, natural, all that jazz.  It's basically a boneless turkey breast that's pre-sliced.  I have found them to be a fast throw-in-a-skillet lunch or snack.  I separate the layers before freezing so I can cook just one or two at a time rather than the whole package.






I'm off to the beach today (I was hoping to get to see some of you beach campers, but it sounds like I'm going to miss you!)  I'll be able to answer emails tonight.  Order by noon Saturday.

It's an egg week, plus all of our egg producers have had plenty.  Don't hold back with the egg orders.

It's funny how much  more quickly I can get this order form up when Houston keeps reminding the children to LEAVE MOM ALONE so we can get to the beach.  Done!

Go order HERE.  And have a restful or adventurous day, depending on your needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment