Friday, April 27, 2012

Preorders for 4/30

PREORDERS
Kristin: 2 butter, 1 bacon, 2 fage, 1 tenderloin, 1 cottage cheese (and 2 frozen tenderloins and 2 cutlets, paid for)
Ruth: 1 bacon, 1 fage cups case, 1 carrot/dill sauerkraut
Laura D: 1 butter
Steph: 1 bacon
Naomi: 1 butter, 2 fage, 2 tenderloins
Keri: 2 butter (will keep til May)
LauraLan: 1 fage, 2 cottage cheese
Tamara: 1 cottage cheese
Ingrid: 1 tenderloin, 1 cottage cheese
Laura C: 1 bacon
Jen: 2 tenderloins, 1 carrot/dill sauerkraut
Alex: 2 tenderloins
Beth: 1 bacon, 1 fage, 8 tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese
Brenda: 1 case wrapped butter, 1 bacon

4 tenderloins available

Pretty sure our order of the Coleman organic chicken italian sausage got dropped.  I'll reorder, which means it'll still be at least two weeks, if EVER.  This is what I have recorded:  2 LauraC, 1 Brenda, 2 Lauralan, 1 LauraD, 2 KathyL, 1 Joy, but you are not obligated to take it when and if it does come in, it's been so long since we ordered it.

BEEF
Still plenty of beef!   Help me get some of my freezer space back...

MILK AND CHEESE
We skipped milk/cheese week last week, and we won't make it up this week.  We'll continue on schedule next week.  So the cheese and milk order rows are all locked up.  I discovered that Ward's didn't get a Wainwright delivery on Wednesday, either, but they did get a delivery from Kurtz.

Corn - corn is low on the list of contaminated vegetables, and it's super cheap in season, but only organic corn is non-GMO.  What do you guys think about buying corn organic?

Purple sweet potatoes: someone requested these long ago, and this is the first time I've seen them on the list in half a year or so.
Regular sweet potatoes: These are "covington", which are southern orange sweet potatoes.  These showed up last year and I liked them more than the jewel and garnett that we usually get.  Mostly because they're round and fat rather than long and skinny.

I made the sweet potato shares 3 lb instead of the usual 4 lb so you could order both varieties and not be swimming in sweet potatoes, so keep that in mind as you order - each share will be less than usual.

ORGANIC GIRL: The "five happiness" blend I heard so much about from the driver, and I reserved for this week, didn't come in.  Neither did the baby kale (something else I was keen to try).  But they have other varieties, and I plan to eventually try them all.  If you click on the OG product on the order form, it'll take you to the web page that shows exactly what it is.  I thought the cooking greens (which are mostly spinach and bok choi) were great.  This week there's romaine leaves (I make asian chicken wraps with them and also fill them with taco fillings)

Coleman organic chicken thighs: Down in the preorder section at the bottom.  This time they are BONE-IN. (Last time we got boneless)  Do y'all have a preference?  The packages could be anywhere between 1 and 2 pounds, and they're $4/lb.

Coleman hot dogs: These are NOT organic.  Just "natural" and uncured.  I bought some of these at Publix for a camping trip (my kids hate the applegate organic dogs) and we really liked them - they told me to get more.  They were $6.50 there ($4.25 through us).  It's not listed as a pre-order, but it seems like pretty much any meat takes a couple of weeks to come in.  So it may come in Monday, but I'm going to assume a week later.  Here's their ingredients and info.

BACON: some of us have bacon coming in this week (me, Kristin, Steph, Laura C,  Ruth, Beth), but there's also a place to order it for NEXT week, down in the pre-order section down bottom.  Is applegate farms okay, or is there another brand you'd prefer?  (Coleman or Garrett county)

I need meat requests.  I always get stuck on what to put on the form.  Thighs?  Drumsticks?  Whole chickens?  Pork ribs?

Here's the ORDER FORM.  Order before noon Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. My son loved the corn so much that he keeps asking me if Miss Brenda is going to have corn again! So cute and we are loving ordering via this club so THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete