Friday, October 21, 2011

Anything you preorder this week will arrive November 7th.  
Order enough to last you for TWO weeks, both in regular orders and preorders.


Preorders so far for Nov 7th:
(we'll be off October 31st, then this will be the following week)
cheese mini pizzas (5.75 4-pack): Laura-Lan 2, Carol 1, Talia 1, Cynthia 1, Steph 2, Joy 1, Laura C 2, Brenda 6
Organic prairie ground beef: 1 Naomi, 1 Laura D, 2 Ruth, 1 Jen, 1 Cathy, 2 Tonya

Preorders for Oct 24th, THIS week:
Brenda 2 sour cream, 2 turkey cutlets
Noni 1 sour cream, 1 turkey cutlets
Laura C 2 sour cream,
Laura D 1 tenderloin
Tonya 1 sour cream, 2 tenderloins
Beth 1 sour cream, 3 turkey cutlets, 1 fage, 4 tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese
Joy 1 turkey cutlets
Ruth 4 turkey cutlets, 13.20 yogurt case, 2 fage, 2 tenderloins
Ingrid 1 turkey cutlets, 2 tenderloins,
Talia 1 turkey cutlets
Michele 1 fage, soap order
Laura-Lan 1 fage
Naomi 1 fage, 4 tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese,
Tamara 2 cottage cheese
Jen 2 tenderloins
Cathy 3 tenderloins
Karen 2 ground beef, 2 stew beef?

This sour cream was ordered so long ago - if you're down for one, you were the original orderer and you get first dibs.  But let me know if you no longer want it - you aren't obligated.  


EXTRAS: we do have one sour cream available.

Wainwright Week: This is a week for Wainwright milk and cheese, so if you're a milk orderer, this is the week to order (it will arrive this coming Wednesday).  Anyone can order cheese - it will be in your next pickup unless I can deliver it to you earlier.

From here until after the first of January, we're on an every-other-week schedule.  So we're on this week, off next (which will be Halloween) on the following week, November 7th, off November 14th...   and so on.  We actually skip TWO weeks over the holidays.  One Monday falls on the day after Christmas and the next is the day after New Year's.

Heavy cream: what you order today (down in the preorder section) will arrive the 7th.  We no longer order this every week, so you may need to begin ordering enough when we do to put some in the freezer.  When I freeze this stuff, it's fine for smoothies or recipes (my kids are begging me to get more so I can make more cream biscuits, and I blend it with frozen bananas to make "ice cream"), but it's a little clumpy after thawing for use in, say, coffee.

EGGS  Remember that it will be two weeks before our next pickup.  Alan Hagan, our newest egg provider, is producing a lot of eggs right now, and we should have enough for everyone to get enough eggs to cover two weeks.

Butter: I put organic valley pastured/cultured butter in the wrappers on the form for this week.  It's a preorder, so it would be in on the 7th of November.  The other bulk butter may take a while (I have to make sure I have the room to store it after I get it cut, and certainly don't want it to arrive the same day as all our turkeys and other Thanksgiving supplies) so I wanted to offer something else until we can get that in, perhaps the first meeting of December.

Bok choy - this price is about 40% less than the others, so it must be an okay price.  I really don't know how much 3 pounds will be, I just sort of guessed at a share weight!

Butternut squash - usually the sizes on the squash differ so much that they're difficult to portion out fairly, and I have to come up with a per-pound price and weigh each one.  So the final price may change depending on how the weights work out on the squashes (but it will still be the same price per pound that's on the order form).

Apples   The pink ladies and honeycrisps are about the same price as the gala and fuji and other varieties this week, none are less than $6 per bag (the honeycrisps are on special, which brings them down to the other varieties' prices).   Anyway, again this week two varieties are on the list.  The pink ladies are bagged, so they'll probably be small, the honeycrisps are loose, and larger, so there will probably be 4 big honeycrisps per 3# share.

Avocadoes: have you seen the price of these things lately?  They are $1 each this week, but we have to buy a LOT of them.  Not sure we'll make it.  They're listed as "small".

Orange Juice: I just noticed the orange juice price went up (not sure how long it's been like that!)  It's now 4.25.  Lemonade is back on, too.  We nearly got that a while back but were one or two short.

Zen organic "Juice Gel":  I'm perusing the non-produce list a little more closely this week. Decided to look up this product.  Juice Gels.  Interesting.
Our Juice Gels are:
• USDA Certified Organic
• Made with 90% Juice
• No Sugar Added
• Only 70 Calories
• Gelatin Free
• OU Kosher
• Vegan

What the heck, I'll give it a try.




Okay, the order form is ready.
Go ORDER.

1 comment:

  1. Ack! I forgot to bring you soap today. I have 4 samplers for Michele -- I'll drop them on your doorstep either before or after Chess Club tomorrow. She'll owe $24.

    ReplyDelete