I'm not sure that everyone is aware of this, especially new folks, but I want to remind you that the order form stays up for the whole week following pickup, until I HAVE to take it down to create a new one.
So you can always go to the order form to double check what you were charged for and such. The trust you guys place in me to get this all right is such an honor, I swear. And honestly, I think I DO get it all right! I consider all this record-keeping to be FUN. Oh, the beauty of the way the numbers all come out right and in order... But it never hurts to compare what you got against the final order form.
This post isn't even in response to anyone asking about their order. I just wanted to be sure you all knew that the order form changes during delivery day to reflect what you actually got, and what didn't come in and all that, and stays up as a sort of "receipt" for you if you ever need it (until about Thursday afternoon, when it's gone forever).
This is especially important for those of you I don't get to communicate with in person, who get your orders delivered by a friend. For instance, Norman did not bake bread this week, so I removed the charge from the order that included it, but I don't get to see that person and tell them that there was no bread. So, you know, if you see your bread is missing, it doesn't hurt to go in and MAKE SURE I didn't neglect to make that change! I also keep things on the form that didn't come in, but I change the price to $0.00 so that you can see that you weren't crazy, that your really did order it, but you weren't charged for it.
At the bottom of the form I keep a record of any debits or credits that will carry over to the following week. Cheese preorders, milk bottle credits, whatever you owe or are owed. I also mark each person as paid right there on the form when I get your payment.
Also, this buying club makes me happy by keeping my brain sharp with the accounting and my social life glued together by a forced Monday visit from everyone. Thanks again.
That is all.

No comments:
Post a Comment