Michele: 1 bag cranberries, 1 fage
Noni: 1 bag cranberries
Naomi: 2 stew beef, 1 ground beef, 1 fage, 2 tenderloinsSteph: 2 bags cranberries, 10 lb almonds
Ruth: 2 bags cranberries, 6 stew beef, 3 ground beef, 2 fage, 2 tenderloins, 6 thighs
Kathy: 2 bags cranberries, 3 lb walnuts, 2 ground beef, 2 stew beef
LauraLan: 3 bags cranberries
Laura D: 2 ground beef, 1 tenderloinIngrid: 1 bag cranberries, 1 thigh
Talia: 10 lbs almonds, 5 thighs
Beth: 4 lb almonds, 2 lb walnuts, 2 fage, 3 tenderloins, 5 thighs
Tonya: 1 lb almonds, 7 lb walnuts, 2 ground beef
Laura D: 2 lbs walnuts
Camille: 5 lb walnuts
Karen: 2 ground beef,
Cynthia: 1 ground beef, 1 tenderloin, 1 thigh
Cathy: 1 tenderloin
Brenda: 3 ground beef
Jen: 2 thighs(all walnuts and cranberries are paid for)
STEW beef is not arriving until next week, but I put it on here just to help me keep track and to remind those of you who ordered it that you'll have that coming in next week.
Tenderloins: I think I made an ordering mistake and ordered ONE case of tenderloins when I should have ordered TWO. So there may be fewer in your order than you expected (but no one's was taken away entirely)
CREAM: we just haven't been ordering the cream much lately. So I've removed it from its permanent place on the preorders. Perhaps we will put that on once a month, and certainly for the holiday orders. But let me know if you want it back on one week. I've put ground beef ON the preorder form permanently. So chicken tenderloins and ground beef will always be on the preorder form.
THIS is a Wainwright week. So order cheese and milk if you like (order milk only if you're on my 'delivery route' or can meet up with me somewhere Wednesday afternoon - I can even make a drop at someone's house closer to the South side of town). Anyone can order cheese, you'll get it next Monday.
Apples: The cortland and the gala were the same price, and never having tried cortland, I decided to give those a try. They are described as "juicy and slightly tart, with bright red skin and snowy white flesh. When sliced, Cortlands do not brown or discolor quickly." One site will say it's great for pies, another says it's not, but they pretty much all agree they're good for eating fresh. I'm intrigued by the slowed browning. (and kinda wish I lived where I could try 20 different varieties of apple from the farmer's market)
Kiwi berries! I hear they have a very short season. I loved them!
Thomcord grapes: The "thomcord" is a hybrid of the green seedless "thompson" grapes and the concord, which is super flavorful (it's what jams and juices are made of, and it really does have that "grape" flavor) but which has seeds and a tougher skin. The hybrid is fairly new, and the descriptions I can find of them say they have the concord taste, but a little milder and sweeter, with no seeds and a thinner skin. Here's an interesting recipe for thomcord pie. Note that they come in ONE pound containers - usually our grapes are in TWO pound bags. We have to get a case of 20, so I want to be sure you order two if you want the usual two pounds of grapes. I may experiment with making jelly with these.
Artichokes: We'd have to order 36 to make them happen, which is a lot. But they're super cheap. So order a few. Like everything else we get, I'm googling "how to pickle....."
Garrett county "Tom Tom" turkey jerky is on special. This is what I could dig up on those:
80 calories: 2 g carb, 8 g protein, 4.5 g fat. The only price I could see quoted was 4.29 (our price is 3.25)
Garrett County Tom-Tom Snack Sticks 6ct
Garrett County Farms Tom-Tom Turkey Snack Sticks - 4.87oz (6ct)
No preservatives, no nitrites or nitrates added (except for those occurring naturally in sea salt)
Ingredients: Turkey, spices, sea salt, raw sugar, water, paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, lactic acid starter culture
No preservatives, no nitrites or nitrates added (except for those occurring naturally in sea salt)
Ingredients: Turkey, spices, sea salt, raw sugar, water, paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, lactic acid starter culture
Plainville farms ground turkey, DARK meat: The dark meat is so much cheaper than the white, nearly half the price, and it seems like the extra fat would do better than white as ground meat.
Plainville farms turkey cutlets: I know, we're about to be up to our eyeballs in turkey. (not us, our traditional Thanksgiving meal, being from the Gulf Coast, is seafood) But I was looking at all the turkey products for someone, and these all looked good. So I went turkey-crazy. Left is the package of cutlets, below is panko-covered and panfried. See, it's pre-sliced turkey breast meat! Ready to pan-cook! Grateful Harvest steaks: not cheap, but each 8 oz steak is individually packaged, and they're so good, and so easy. My son has asked for them...
All the meats listed above, except the jerky, are preorders. I have them in the "meat" section rather than in the preorders, but they will not come in until October 17th.
Heartland Meadow ground beef: This is in the preorder section rather than the meats section. That's because I'm going to leave it there permanently, along with the chicken tenderloins. I'll alternate between heartland meadow, which is NOT organic (but humane, pastured, no chemicals, all that jazz) and Organic prairie, which is of course organic. The price diff is about $1 per pound. (with heartland meadow being 5.50 and organic prairie being 6.45) So if the organic really matters to you, watch carefully and order every other week.
Entertainment books: We usually opt out of any school fundraising, but unlike overpriced wrapping paper or whatever else they're selling these days, the entertainment books are actually kinda useful, and people actually often buy them. So I have some, and I'll have one here Monday for you to look at and see if you want one. They're $20, and there are 4 $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupons (all Publixes take WD coupons). So you get your money back there, so it all depends on if all the other coupons in the book are useful to you (bagel bakery, bagel land, kanapaha gardens, panera, bento, flour pot bakery, o!o...)
Allrighty, I think that's about it. Go and order now!
ORDER FORM LINK
No comments:
Post a Comment