Here's the preorders coming this week:
Talia: 3 tenders, 1 fage, 2 cream
Ruth: 5 tenders, 1 fage
LauraLan: 10 tenders, 1 milk
Naomi S: 4 tenders
Kathy: 5 tenders, 1 fage
Laura C: 1 cream (6 lb cheddar coming in March 14)
Beth: 2 fage, 2 cream (6lb cheddar coming in March 14)
Camille: 1 cream
Naomi W: 1 cream
Brenda: 3 tenders, 3 cream, 1 milk, 1 fage
2 Extra creams available.
!!!!!!!!!!!!NO DELIVERY ON MARCH 7th!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just taking the day off. So any preorders made today will come in on March 14th.
Also keep in mind that you're ordering veggies for two weeks instead of just one, so you may want to double up on things that will keep, like apples. The cut n clean kale also tends to last a good long while (I still have one in my fridge from the last time we got it, and it's in perfect shape.)
Pretty good specials this week. Someone requested we go back to the crowns instead of the heads for the broccoli, but the heads were an irresistible price this week.
Stawberry prices are coming down at last! Driscolls are $4 this week. They had some from Florida that were even cheaper, but I think it's the same brand that we got last week, and I was not impressed with those at all, so I went with the Driscoll's for now.
Those kent mangoes got more than one request this week. They were on special last week, but they aren't much more now.
Actually, looking over the prices this week, I feel like we've come back to why we started this in the first place. For a while the prices didn't seem to be super-great, but I'm very happy with what they're looking like this week. It's a promising start to the spring/summer offerings.
The Garret County Farms bacon was also requested. We got it on special last month. It's conventional, but humane/family farmed, all natural, uncured (pork, sea salt, sugar, and spices are the ingredients). Gary exclaimed just this morning that I HAVE to get more of it. It's very thick cut, and doesn't crinkle as much as I'm used to bacon doing, nor does it leave as much grease in the pan. It's not on special any more, but the price comes up to about the same (.20 per pound more) as the applegate farms in the 2.5 lb packages we get.
The raw organic sunflower seeds. I checked this price against Amazon, and it's not better or worse - it's about the same per ounce. My kids like the sprouts, and we should be able to sprout these since they're raw.
And this one is just a for-no-particular-reason addition. Maya Kaimal refrigerated Indian sauces.
I had never put it on because I am totally unfamiliar with Indian food, and I have no idea what something like this should cost, so I can't tell if it's a good deal. But something made me want to put it on the form this week. We haven't tried anything new in a while. I chose "Tikka Masala" because the description promises that kids will like it. And I'm kind of a spice wimp. Take a look at their web site and you can see a description of the flavor I have listed and the ingredients, as well as the other flavors they offer.
Alright, that's it. You can order now.
(I may be posting some amazon things today. I never did get back to my bulk shopping on Monday.)

No comments:
Post a Comment