Saturday, February 19, 2011

Not much produce ordered

Not doing too well on the produce orders this week. We only have a few of most cases ordered. Which is fine - some weeks are heavy, some are light, and it honestly doesn't matter to me as long as I get my apples.

I'll leave it up, and if you want to go in and add more on any particular item, do so, but I have a feeling only the apples, blueberries, strawberries, beets, kale, mangoes and sweet potatoes will be ordered this week. We just didn't order enough of most of the other things. Here, take a look at columns AT and AU and you can see which things need more to get ordered.

I just returned from the farmer's market. Oy. Good stuff, and cheap. Just so you know, there was a bag of assorted kale much like our cut-n-clean, organic, for $3. Most bundled greens - collards, chard, kale, were $2 (not as large as what we normally get, but good.) Sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and THE. BEST. CARROTS I've ever had. Salad greens, of course. Broccoli $2-$3 for organic. I drove BACK up there to get more carrots. $2 for a bunch of little pinky-sized carrots, but they were sweet with not a trace of that "carotty" bitterness. I know it's awfully hard for many of you to get out that early, or with/without kids (yeah, it'd be hard with lots of kids tagging along) but oh, try. Maybe the Wednesday one downtown?

Ooh, speaking of local sources, I think the Citizen's Co-op is about to announce their opening date - they're hiring people (yes I'm tempted to work there) - getting close! I'm interested to see if they make getting this local stuff easier for those of you who can't easily get to the Farmer's Market.

Anyhow, take a look at the order grid one more time to see if there's anything you want to order more of to get up to a case, and try try try to make it to a farmer's market if you can. Oh! And don't forget to preorder if you want fage or cream next week! And have a wonderful Saturday. Man, this weather has me giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment