Friday, February 18, 2011

The green and leafy edition

Just a photo to make you smile. It's spring! Sorta. And Chaplin, a cup of tea, and dancing fairies all make me smile.

Here's the preorders to add to your column for this week:
Talia: 2 cream, 1 Fage
Naomi W: 1 cream
Ashley: 1 cream
Laura C: 2 cream
Tonya: 2 Fage
Laura-Lan: 1 milk
Ruth: 1 Fage, 1 cream
Naomi S: 1 milk, 1 cream, 1 Fage
Beth: 2 cream, 2 Fage
Kathy: 1 cream, 1 Fage
Camille: 1 Fage, 2 cream
Brenda: 1 cream, 1 Fage




These "great organic uncured beef hot dogs" are on special this week. They are 100% grassfed, organic.


Pineland farms cheese: We got the feta last week, which I've been happy with. They are NOT certified organic, but they are from pastured grassfed cows in Maine (not exclusively grassfed, but they are pastured and supplemented with hay/grain, no antibiotics or hormones). When purchased in 6-lb wheels, their cheese is around $6.75/lb. I put an onion/garlic cheese spread on there this week as well as 6-lb wheels of cheddar. Their web site is HERE, so feel free to request anything on there that sounds good to you.


Kent mangoes: Info on Kent Mangoes HERE. I don't know much about mangoes, but these are known for being "fiberless", and they're on special.

Wow, other than the special request sweet potatoes, everything vegetal on the list is green and leafy (I just went in and added potatoes and carrots just to have something less leafy!) I'm beginning to forget that other vegetables exist! (things like squash and tomatoes and cukes and peppers seemed ridiculously expensive this week, perhaps because of the recent freezes) On the up side, I've been eating kale and/or chard every single day, and I think I may be invincible now.

So go order. Y'all rarely make requests. Don't be shy. With the produce, the prices change a lot, and I have to pick out what's a good deal. But with meats and cheeses, just let me know when you need something!


No comments:

Post a Comment