Friday, May 18, 2012

See you in June.

PREORDERS
Naomi: 2 fage, 1 tenderloin, 1 cream
Kathy L: 1 lemonade, 2 tenderloins
Kathy G: 2 tenderloins
Ruth: 3 cases fage
Beth: 2 fage, 4 tenderloins, 2 heavy cream, 4 cottage cheese
Laura D: 1 tenderloin
Tonya: 2 fage
Keri: 1 cottage cheese
Laura-Lan: 1 lemonade, 2 fage
Kristin: 1 lemonade, 5 tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese
Gretchen: 1 case blueberry fage
Jen: 2 tenderloins
Laura C: 0% fage case
Brenda: 2 lemonade, 4 heavy cream

4 heavy cream, 3 tenderloins available

Happy birthday to us!  The buying club is two years old (if you look at the url of the order form you'll see the date that I created it - 5/24.  That was 2010.)  Wow, I never imagined this whole buying club thing would happen when a few of us thought about maybe splitting a delivery or two of butter and cheap strawberries so long ago.

Avocado: Whoa.  Crazy avocado price.  They're "small", but that's the size we've been getting.  They come to 68 cents each.
Corn: We've been doing 4-ear shares of corn, but I know if you have 3 or 5 (or 7) people in your family you might rather get the number of ears you really need.  So take note that this week it's PER EAR.
Mushrooms: I think you'll be seeing maitake mushrooms on the list every week for a while.  I don't know what it is, but man, it's like I'm starving for them.
Shallots: Somehow I've never ever had shallots.  Someone asked for them, and I'm eager to try them.  Like onions, but less of a bite, and sweeter?  Someone else said a hint of garlic-ness?  A pound should be around 8-10 shallots.
Supergreens: The large organic girl supergreens are also probably going to be on every week.  This much at publix would be $8, we get it for $5, and I can go through half a case a week.  This will be my preferred organic girl product, so if there's something else you like better, you'll have to let me know to put it on the order form. (mushrooms+supergreens, oh man.)
Green Grapes!! Not at all a bad price for first show of the season.  These are big 2# bags (usually a bit over 2#, actually)
Jalapeno sauerkraut?  Why not?
Cheddar stringles: someone asked about these, and I said they didn't carry them.  They don't carry them in the big box like we get the other stringles, but today I noticed that they DO carry the little 6oz packages!  What's the usual price on these? ($4.50 here, and I don't know if that's good compared to the store.)
Turkey cutlets: Yes, again.  I'm running out of meat ideas, and this is what my kids are into right now.  This will be in when we return in June.


Cherries were on the price list this week.  I didn't put them on our order form because they're over $12 for a 1.3 lb bag.   But they're now in season apparently, and maybe they'll be affordable when we next order!  YIPPEE!

I think our coleman hot dogs were just dropped from our order.  I'll reorder, and if and when they come in, I'll put them on the order form!

IT IS A MILK/CHEESE ORDER WEEK. So order your milks and cheeses.  If you order cheese and aren't on my delivery route, we'll have to meet in town to get it to you since we won't be meeting next week.

Remember, no buying club next Monday, which is Memorial Day.  We'll be back June 4th.

I  think that's it.
Go order here, by noon Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment