Friday, January 13, 2012

One more verse, same as the first

PREORDERS
Beth: 2 Garrett county bacon, 2 fage, 3 butter, 4 tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese, 1 roast, 2 applegate farms bacon
Laura C: 5 breasts, 1 roast
Laura-Lan: 2 GC bacon
Ruth: 3 GC bacon, 2 fage, 2 breasts, 3 tenderloins
Tonya: 1 fage, 1 roast
Naomi: 2 breasts, 4 butter
Michele: 1 GC bacon, 1 roast
Joy: 2 GC bacon,
Laura D: 2 chicken breasts, 1 tenderloin, 1 roast, 1 AF bacon
Kathy: 2 GC bacon, 1 fage, 2 breasts, 2 tenderloins, 1 roast
Jen B (hold): 2 breasts, 1 tongue
Hope: 2 cottage cheese
Stephanie: 1 camille chicken breast, paid for
Brenda: 5 butter, 1 af bacon, 4 GC bacon
Norman: 1 beef tongue

extras: 2 cottage cheese

IF you want a roast from our local beef guy, and you aren't listed above as having one reserved, let me know.  He'll be bringing them Monday morning, and only what was actually sold.  I'll have no extras.

MILK credits 
Laura C: 20.25
Laura-Lan: 11.50
Carol: 5.75
Ruth: 11.50
Noni: 5.75
Michele: 5.75
Talia: 13.50
Tamara: 32.75
Jen B: 11.50


For those of you who ordered cheese last week, it's not here.  Wainwright never printed out our order, so they never showed up.  No cheese.

But we're ordering MILK again today.  So milk/cheese people, order milk and cheese today.

BACON: I had ordered Garrett county bacon last week thinking it would be in LAST week, and applegate farms for this week.  But Garrett county didn't come in, they're both coming in this week.  If you ordered both and find that you don't want that much bacon, you aren't obligated to it.  Just let me know.

Fresh market has organic apples on sale for the rest of January.  3.98 per 3# bag or 1.98 per pound for loose apples.  (our price for apples is 4.75 this week.)  They had granny smith, pink lady, gala, and fuji when I was there yesterday.  They also had 30oz bags of quinoa buy-one-get-one, around $8 or $9.   While I was there I noticed their boxes of bell & evans chicken tenders were 7.29.  Ours went up as well, but are still $1 less.

EGGS:  Mr. Hagan will be bringing his eggs every OTHER week.  This is one of those weeks.  He brings 20 dozen.  So every other week we will have about 40-45 dozen available, and the other weeks we will only have half that.  So adjust your egg orders to be a little heavier this week, lighter next, and so on.

Minneola tangeloes:  If you've been with the buying club for the past two winters, you've already heard me go on about honeybells.  They're on special this week. Though we should be able to get them at the farmer's market and at ward's for cheaper in a week or two (they come in a couple weeks later up here).

The produce list was pretty short.  Strawberries still too expensive.

BETTERBUTTERKEEPER: And I want to share with you something I've purchased that has brought me joy.  I've looked at "butter bells" for a long time.  You fill a little porcelain cup with soft butter, and store it upside down in water on the counter.  The water keeps the butter cool, but lets it be warm enough to be spreadable.  But it was tiny, and I read complaints that the butter would fall into the water.  Then I found a "butter boat".  Instead of putting the butter upside down into the water, the dish nests upright inside a larger dish that holds water.  It's big enough to hold one block of the organic valley wrapped butters.  It doesn't fit perfectly until it's softer and you can squish it in a little better.  But it keeps it soft and spreadable, but cool enough to allow it to stay on the counter safely.  No more trying to spread fridge-cold butter. Loving it.



So go ORDER now.



No comments:

Post a Comment