PREORDERS:
Jen 3 tenderloins
Talia 1 cottage cheese
Laura C 3 tenderloins, 1 bulk pepperoni
Tonya 1 fage, 1 tenderloins
Michele 1 fage
Beth 1 fage, 1 bulk pepperoni, 3 tenderloins, 3 cottage cheese
Naomi 1 fage, 3 tenderloins
Tamara 1 cottage cheese
Kathy 1 fage, 4 tenderloins
Joy 1 fage, 2 tenderloins
Brenda 1 bulk pepperoni
Laura-Lan 1 bulk pepperoni
Cheese charges to be added to your total (this is cheese that was delivered just before Christmas):
Laura C .66 lb (and $3.78 credit)
Michele 1.13 lb
Tamara 1.72 lb
Ingrid .49 lb
Beth 2.55 lb
Naomi 2.73 lb cheese
Noni .62 lb (from older order)
Carol 1.12lb (from older order)
BEEF: There is local beef listed at the top with the bread and eggs and other local stuff. That's what's here and available immediately, and will change weekly depending on what was delivered and what's left. Down in the preorder section is what is NOT here at my house, but what will be brought based on orders. He will only be delivering once a month, only what's ordered plus any extra that I can fit in my freezer. This week we have mostly ground beef with some liver and steaks available NOW. But you can preorder roasts and tongue to come next week. Email if there's something else you want me to see if he can bring next week.
A note on the liver: It's in pretty big packages. If you're like me, you only want a small bit at a time. A very small bit. It's presliced, so I took the largest package and separated the slices (didn't want it to thaw at all, so did it fully frozen and broke the tip of my knife!! But the point is that there was no thaw-refreeze on this - it stayed frozen the whole time.) Each slice came out to about 11-12 oz. At $3/lb, that's $2.00 each. So I have liver BY THE 12 oz SLICE available. They are thin enough that I think they could be cut while still frozen so you could make smaller servings from it. This time around I only have 3 of these slices available. One of my resolutions is to have some supernutritious liver (or other offal) at least once a month this year. Soaking it in milk for a day is the first big secret I've learned to making it palatable.
Murray's chicken breasts: We've been getting Murray's chicken TENDERS for a long time, and someone asked for the whole chicken BREASTS instead. So you'll see it down there in the preorders, just underneath the tenders.
Heavy cream: Heavy cream is usually a preorder, but I went ahead and ordered a case last week that will be here THIS Monday since I know I want some (I'm culturing my own sour cream, y'all!). So it's under the "dairy" section rather than with the preorders where it normally is.
LOCAL MILK and cheese: The milk and cheese you order today will arrive on Wednesday afternoon. If you're on my delivery route, you'll get it Wednesday the 11th. If you aren't, you can still order cheese, and I'll hold it until the following Monday. Anyway, milk people, ORDER YOUR MILK!
Other Random THINGS:
LOCAL MILK and cheese: The milk and cheese you order today will arrive on Wednesday afternoon. If you're on my delivery route, you'll get it Wednesday the 11th. If you aren't, you can still order cheese, and I'll hold it until the following Monday. Anyway, milk people, ORDER YOUR MILK! Other Random THINGS:
- Yucatan guacamole, listed as "95% organic". The 16 oz tubs were barely more than the 8 oz tubs, so it's the 16 oz that's on the list. It's a preorder, if you order today it'll be in NEXT week, so it's down bottom.
- The grapefruit is about half the price of the bagged, a little less than $1/lb
- Strawberries are still above $7/lb, but they should be coming in soon!
- The cara cara orange is basically a navel orange, but with pink flesh inside. It's usually around $2/lb, this comes to about $1/lb. It's usually described as low acid and "berry like" in flavor, people claiming they're "more complex" than usual navels. Like navels, few to no seeds.
- Fresh dill - I know at least two of us are making pickled dill greenbeans, that's why that's there. But check out this recipe using it with cauliflower and colby.
- Organic valley pastured butter is on the preorder list. This is by-the-wrapped-stick, not the bulk butter.
- The sour cream and cream cheese that was out of stock before Christmas was dropped from our orders completely. With such a long break I didn't want to keep preorders for those. We will simply reorder this week.
- Bacon - it's on the list twice. The large applegate farms 2.5 lb packages is in the preorders, and the Garrett county is up in Meats for delivery THIS week. The Garrett county now comes in a larger 18 oz package - we were getting 12 oz packages before. This size makes it less per ounce. It's still dry rubbed, uncured. The largest difference between the two is probably the thickness of the slices. The Garrett county is thick cut, the applegate farms is thinner.
- The ground turkey is what we've gotten before. Dark instead of white, plainville farms. It's a preorder, but I put this up with the meats, because I had space there!

Alright, I think that's it. It's good to be back in the swing of things!
HERE is the order form.

That picture from St. A is brilliant!
ReplyDelete