Friday, August 12, 2011

Last BC of the summer.

ORGANIC OLIVE OIL on sale on Amazon. It's a "Friday Sale", so this is good for today only. (these aren't huge cans, they're like the medium bottles you might find at Publix) Two 25.5 oz cans for $15:



PREORDERS
Rhea: 1 sour cream, 1 cream cheese
Cathy: 1 cream cheese, 1 chicken tenderloins
LauraLan: 1 cream cheese
Beth: 1 case butter, 1 sour cream, 1 cream cheese, 2 fage, 5 chicken tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese, 1 cream, 1 stringles, 3 pork loins
Noni: 1 sour cream, 1 cream cheese, 1 fage, 2 chicken tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese, 1 cream
Talia: 1 sour cream, 1 cream cheese, 2 cottage cheese
Naomi: 1 fage, 1 stringles, 1 cream, 2 pork loins
Ashley: 1 stringles, 1 cottage cheese
Karen: 1 fage
Tonya: 1 fage
Brenda: 2 cream cheese, 2 sour cream, 3 cream, 4 pork loins
Laura C: 1 pork loin

EXTRAS from the preorders (email if you want these)
4 cream cheese
2 chicken tenderloins
1 stringles
6 cream
2 pork loins ($11/lb, each should be around 1 lb)

NO BUYING CLUB NEXT MONDAY AUGUST 22nd! It's the first day of school. Ike and I will probably be having a celebratory coffee and memory game at Bagel Bakery around 8 a.m. if anyone wants to come clink coffee mugs!

Anyway, what that means is that your preorders are for the distant future date of August 29th, and everything else you order should help get you through TWO weeks.

PRODUCE
I realize the kale is a long shot, but it's on special, so I put it on there.

That greenleaf lettuce last week was beautiful. And the kids have been eating it with stuff inside (mostly hummus) like they're taco shells. Loving that.

Champagne grapes: you guys have had these, right? Tiny little seedless grapes. The conventional ones were $4 at Publix.
I didn't know until today that they are actually "Zante Currants" but the term "champagne grapes" has been better marketing for them. We always just eat them fresh, but now that I'm looking around, people treat them as currants and bake them into scones and such. Must try.

Chiogga beets: the one time we actually ordered these, they were out of stock. I noticed their price was lower than any of the other beets available, so I decided we should try again. The rings fade when cooked, but not completely, and they apparently don't "bleed" like regular red beets, so they're less messy.

BUTTER: It's time to order bulk butter again. It's Natural by Nature brand. Grassfed and organic. It comes in a 50 pound block that I cut up and weigh out and bag. It's freeze-able. In fact, that's recommended, as many of us found that it will mold if left in the fridge for too long. We may not have the butter until the first or middle of September, but go ahead and pre-order so I can be sure we have enough interest to order 50 pounds. It's down in the "preorder" section.

HUMMUS: I buy Tribe hummus in 4 pound buckets. I usually just take both buckets, as we always get through it all, but I thought I'd put it up on the form if anyone else wants one. It's a preorder, so it won't be in until we return from our Monday off. This is their "classic" hummus.

LUNCHMEAT: I had a request for sliced lunchmeat. I have organic turkey slices on there (I have no idea what these are at the store - I think Publix only carries their nonorganic line?) I also put "bulk" turkey on the preorders. Garret County (non organic) deli turkey. You'd have to take this home and slice it yourself. It comes in two 5-pound deli turkeys, I'll cut them in half so there will be four shares of 2.5 pounds (order two if you want a whole 5 pound one). I'm going with Garret county instead of Applegate farms because they offer smaller amounts, and it's less per pound, but it seems along the same lines as far as how they're raised and processed. $7.20/lb, so the half deli should be around $18.

Organic Prairie Ground beef: I haven't seen it in the list before now. It's slightly cheaper per pound, plus there are fewer to a case, so we have a better chance of getting it in. This is 90/10 ground beef (lean).


I'm buying this for Solomon. His favorite food - chicken wings. I'd love to sell a few of these boxes, but I'll take the whole case if necessary. Consumer reports rated them the best-tasting chicken wings HERE. They're a preorder, so they won't be in until our next delivery.


Sorry this took so dang long. Order form is ready HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment