Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10

There will be no buying club delivery the 4th of July weekend. There will be other breaks as well, but I'm still solidifying our summer travel schedule, so I'm not certain beyond that.

PREORDERS
Jen B: 2 cream
Naomi: 5 tenderloins, 1 fage
Beth: 3 tenderloins, 2 fage, 2 cottage cheese, 1 cream
Laura-Lan: 4 tenderloins
Ashley: 2 creams
LauraC: 3 cottage cheese
Kathy: 4 tenderloins, 1 fage
Helen: 1 cottage cheese, 1 cream
Brenda: 3 cream

EXTRAS
4 creams left over
4 tenderloins left over
2 fage left over

Beth, Kathy, Laura-Lan: the pork loins are due in on the 19th, next week. Kathy 2, Beth and Laura-Lan one each, me 2. I very likely will be ordering a second case if you want another.

MEAT
Any requests besides the chicken tenderloins? I'm out of ideas, and I'm not sure what's wanted. Sliced lunch meat? Whole chickens? Grillable drumsticks or wings?

Camille's fine produce market
The big tomatoes are "Cherokee Purples". Camille describes them as "tasty, tasty, tasty". It's an heirloom variety described as sweet, popular for being a flavorful variety. You'll get 3 tomatoes, which is 2.5 lbs. At $3/lb, it comes to $7 a share.

Asparagus beans and basil also available, they'll be picked on Sunday.

Camille has herbs available in $1 bunches. On the form it just says "herbs". I didn't want to lengthen the form by listing each one separately, so if you order herbs, just send me an email saying which ones. parsley, mint, rosemary, garlic chives, borage, catnip

PRODUCE
Apple choices are really thin. We must be moving toward Southern Hemisphere soon.

Berries: raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries are at a low. Probably the week to make jam/freeze if you're into that.

MEATS/DAIRY/MISC
Organic Valley cultured pastured butter. It's not on special, I just have it in bold because it's something new in the preorders. 3.25 per 8oz block. Can't remember what it is at the store, but I think over $4. It's just easier sometimes to have the sticks than the bulk butter we get. Plus, this is the time of the year that it's being made fresh (they freeze it for the rest of the year's sales.)

Hamburger patties - the price is the same for patties as it is for packages of ground. For each pound, you get 4 patties. This is grateful harvest, the organic/grassfed stuff.

The applegate sliced ham is the conventional, but antibiotic free and certified humane. Click HERE to see the ingredients and nutritional info.

Rejuvenative brand sesame oil. 4 oz. There's more info HERE on this brand. It's organic, raw (never exceeds 115 degrees) pressed oil. They also have the evening primrose oil - email me if that's something you'd be interested in (it's more expensive). I'm not sure how the price compares since I've never really shopped for these cold-pressed type oils. (Not on special, but I put it in bold just because it's a new thing, so you could find it.)

Whole chickens - not on special, just bold so you can find it. It's a preorder, and the price is an estimate, depending on actual weight when they arrive, but it won't vary much (not as much as the tenderloins do - these all tend to weigh within a couple of ounces of each other).

Looks like the timing of the finished order form will return to noonish. With the hobbits home, breakfast, second breakfast and elevensies all interrupt my work on the order form! Now, off to the city pool.

HERE'S THE ORDER FORM, use the ranges again for those items you're willing to take a varying number of - that was very convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment