
photo credit: innovationcreation
Raw local goat's milk now available. Samples on Monday.
This following is a message from Laura Chastine:
"I would like to offer fresh, raw goat milk to the group. I will be bringing some to Brenda's this coming Monday. That way, you can taste it and see if it's your taste.
If there is interest, it will be added to next Friday's order as a preorder. The milk is from VERY happy goats - they belong to Jan Brewer, are Nubian goats. She has named them all, has chairs where she sits with them and spends times with each and every goat every day. She used to have more goats but now has about 20, 6 of whom are babies, and two old girls who are retired (ages 14 and 15).
Kira and I were there today and spent an hour petting them all. They are so obviously people-loved, it was fun to see them. Their coats are the shiniest goat coats I've ever seen (not that I've seen all that many mind you, but the were impressive).
They are pastured and have LOTS of beautiful green grass that has never been fertilized to eat. They have hay available should they want it, but when I was there they were mostly eating grass. They are never prophylactically treated for anything, like some commercial dairies, and she rarely has an ill animal. If she does, that animal is quarantined and treated (with antibiotics if necessary) and not milked until 2 weeks after finishing any antibiotics.
Her milking parlor is air conditioned and CLEAN!
The price is $7.50/gallon. See you Monday! ... laura c "
If you have questions about the goat milk, put them in the comments here on the blog, and Laura can answer them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment