Friday, May 28, 2010

Order now for Monday 5/31 delivery


Okay, the spreadsheet is ready and updated with our new price list. (See link above)

Edit: When you order, figure up your subtotal for each line. Like, if you're putting down that you want two bags of apples, figure up how much two bags of apples will cost and put that in the cell just to the right of where you put the "2" for the number of bags. It'll just help me have to do less math. Cuz math is hard.

First, they introduced a new line called "Bell and Evans". Looks like it's prepared chicken things, like nuggets and breaded breasts and patties. Some of it is gluten-free (I put the regular on the order form, but if you'd rather see the gluten free I can add that, too.) Take a look at their web site if you're interested. I'll put a few of the items up this week so you can see the prices. (Listed as conventional)

Second, if you want red grapes or strawberries, get it on the order form by 10am on Saturday, as those have to be ordered early.

And third, because of the changes I've made on the spreadsheet, it totally changed the order and placement of the items, making any numbers you had in your row no longer correspond to the item you meant it to. I'm too lazy to go delete everything for everyone, so go in and check your order line CAREFULLY.

And. I kind of assume that y'all know this, but ordering something doesn't mean you'll get it. Enough other people have to order to get us up the a whole case. So if you ordered two of something, you can look at how many we have to order to get up to a case and see how close we are and kind of guess the likelihood that it'll actually get ordered.

Oh, crap! Those specials that I thought were going to be good this week? That we had on the list? They expired yesterday. I'm SO sorry! That includes the Applegate farms dogs. I saw that sheet and the date those prices expired was clear as day, but in my mind I read it as "memorial day". No worry, NEW specials are in effect. So those will be up. They include:
Asparagus, 11 lb, 56.50
Beets 25lb 34.00
Florida Blueberries 12 6 oz containers 28.00
Driscoll Raspberries 12 6oz containers 29.00 (these were $6 at ME this week, this is 2.42 each.)
Cherries 12 1.33lb $65
(no meat specials this week)


Here are the price changes to be aware of:
1. Broccoli jumped from $24 for a case of 14 to $40!! Making it 2.85 each. How does THAT happen?
2. The bunny love carrots: For some reason you have to order the 2 pounders by Saturday, but we have til sunday to order the 1 pound bags, so I changed it to 1 pound bags, but the price is no different per pound. Just take that change into account when ordering (like, if you wanted 2 bags before, now you may want four.) Each ONE pound bag is 75 cents (!) Note that a case is 48, though, and I just have my doubts that we'll make a full case...
3. By request I added Rainbow Chard. We can get a split case of that, so we need to order at least 12 bunches.
4. The romaine went up, too. Now it's 2.38 a head.
5. Potatoes (on the top 12 dirty list) actually went down a teeny bit.
6. Cantaloupes aren't on special any more, but the price only went up a few cents each. A note on the cantaloupes - they sell them by the pound, so for the same case price we might get fewer large ones or more small ones. The price I have is based on medium, 15 count. If the total ordered is more or less and I have to play with the melon size to get the right number to distribute, the price per melon might change from what's listed, but you'll still be paying the same price per pound.
7. The pineapples went up from 2.70 each to $4 each. Beth, girl, you need to go to Sam's with me. 2.5 pounds already cored for some crazy price, and even though it's conventional, pineapples are the 4th cleanest produce.
8. Even though the strawberries are no longer on special, the price didn't go up much. From $3 to $3.28. We have to get that order in on Saturday, so I'm going to have to order before everyone might be done ordering. I'm just going to do my best to guess how much we'll want.
9. Grapes have made an appearance for the first time. I don't know how the price compares, but since they are also one of the dirty dozen, I put them on the list this week. They come in one 18 pound bag, so I'd need someone to help measure those out Monday if we get them. Also, I'd have to order those by Saturday, so if you want any of those be sure to put it on the form by around 10am on Saturday.
10. One of you seemed interested in the hummus (good lord, do they have hummus! A million and one different brands and flavors.) So I added one to see what the interest level is. The one I listed is conventional, but they do have some organic varieties. (OMG they sell it by the 4lb bucket!)
11. Note that the Applegate farms lunchmeats are organic. The ones in publix are not organic (in my publix, anyway), so if you've been happy with that and want me to list conventional as well, I'll do that next week.
12. I added Bell and Evans chicken products. Not listed as organic, but as "free to roam in their houses". Sounds like a corn and soy diet, and inside houses, but a long step up from factory. (note that B&E is indoors type "free range", but Eberley is an outdoor free range situation. We're ordering the Eberley chicken necks, and they offer other products, too, including duck and turkey, just ask me to look up anything you're interested in from them.)
13. Because I like the Eberley information, I added some ground turkey to the preorder section. They had conventional and organic, so I put them both on there so you could see the price difference. I can add something new every week, so let me know if there's anything poultry-related you'd like to see.

I think that's it. ORDER now!

5 comments:

  1. Celery, I believe that was on the list of the worst produce. Do they have that available organic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure do! I'll put it on now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The broccoli and romaine prices are consistent with what I saw a few days ago at Mother Earth. I was stunned and hoping I'd do better here, but not by much. Wow. Looks like fruit is the focus this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I forget? Alvarado St Protein Bread, raisin bagels, and another kind of bagel - not the sesame.....I forget the name. Bulk almonds, walnuts, pecans? Doesn't have to be this week, but these are staples for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The don't offer any bread products except wheat lavash. They DO have nuts, but if I remember correctly the prices weren't much better than the bulk bins. I'll forward the prices to you (Do you require organic nuts, or does it matter?)

    ReplyDelete