Surprise. It was insanely short notice, but the few of us who ordered actually did pretty well on strawberries, pears, pineapples, and the pre-cut kale. But we didn't even make it up to $100 ($275 is the minimum). I think when we have more people we'll do fine.
I AM putting in an order today for "preorder" items (heavy cream and butter that's all spoken for, pastured chicken necks that I use for making bone broth that there will be some available if anyone wants some). That will arrive on memorial day, 5/31. Next week we'll add produce to that order and we'll have no trouble meeting the minimum. The strawberries and pineapples will still be on special, the kale will almost certainly be the same price, and the apple prices are inching up ever so slightly each week, but there will certainly be at least one case of apples. So I'm going to keep the order form up, and I'll let you know on Friday when the prices have been updated with the newest list, and we'll definitely be getting those berries and apples and pineapples, among other things NEXT week.
I'm going to add items little by little to the list. Anything you guys want to see on there? I'm talking yogurt, lunch meat, cheese, as well as produce.
Also, I was wondering if Farm to Family wasn't worth it considering the convenience vs the sometimes complications of running this thing. But I looked at his price list, and no. This is a much, much better deal.
I'm considering offering delivery, too, if anyone's interested. I'd totally charge you for it, though!
Okay, comment here if there's something you want me to look up and see if they have. And would you guys rather get salad mix, or plain lettuce? And get ready to order some stuff next week!
OH! And I put in a question to them if we could make our delivery day different and if that would change our ordering schedule. A Friday-Sunday morning window for ordering is just not best for families. I was wondering if everyone orders that day, or if those who get deliveries later in the week have longer to get their order in. So I'm looking into it.
Salad: Just romaine for now. Keeps well, most economical. Other favs are seasonal fruits & veggies and Applegate Farms organic cold cuts (meat more than cheese) and their sausages, grass fed hot dogs, etc. Also some nice full fat greek yogurt on occasion if that's available. Organic kefir (blueberry). Any chance of getting those German meal replacement bars? Name starts with S. Aleia is nuts about the one with the yellow wrapper and I never see it at Wards nor Mother Earth any more.
ReplyDeleteLOTS of Applegate farms cold cuts and stuff. I'll get more listed. Fage is the only greek yogurt - usually expiration date is a full month out. It's about $2 less here than at Ward's. Kefir - got it. Meal replacement bars. I didn't see anything like that, but the list is so big - can you find the name somewhere?
ReplyDeleteHey Brenda, any mozzarella cheese?
ReplyDeleteYes, added!
ReplyDelete