.jpg)
Naomi left a comment about Applegate Farms grassfed hot dogs. I didn't know they existed, so I looked them up (none of them on the price list are labeled as such.) And Laura Lan, when we saw that there was a sale on Applegate Farms "great" organic hot dogs, we wondered if "great" meant fantastic or large. Apparently it means "grassfed".
These are, according to their site, "Made from 100% organic grass-fed and finished beef, these lean hot dogs are bursting with old-fashioned classic hot dog flavor—juicy, flavorful and delicious! These dogs have only 8 grams of fat compared to the average 15 grams in most brands, and because they’re made from grass-fed beef, they’re also high in omega-3 fatty acids (the good fat). "
So there you go. $6.24 off a case this week. Which makes them 49.11 per case, or 4.10 per package.
Weird. That is not the packaging I'm used to; it's normally red. Just had a dig thru freezer but can't find any. Can't find online either so it looks like a marketing change. I did notice the lower fat and they taste yummy to me. And at that price, I am stocking up with any room I find in my freezer!
ReplyDeleteThere IS a red package. It's slightly more because the blue ones happen to be on special, but they are both 1 lb packages of 8 dogs. The red ones are "stadium". Seems to be the only difference. And what does "stadium" mean? Who knows!
ReplyDeleteduh- big duh on us
ReplyDeletegreat= grass fed. That's intuitive right?