IT's CHICKEN WEEK!
Something that Julia actually said: "The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken." Um, okay, what the hell, I'll give it a go.
Our white oaks ground beef and oxtail are finally coming in today. We'll order again next week so we can maintain our first-meeting-of-the-month-is-white-oaks-delivery-day thing.
Those pink lady apples were very, very good last week. I put those on again this week, but got the next size down, so there'll be 9 apples instead of 8 in each 3# share.

Baby bok choy. I don't think we've ever ordered this before. I think it's partially because with something I'm not so familiar with I have no idea what a pound of it looks like. But HERE is a recipe that looks good. And you can grill it:

Taylor farms cauli/broc mix in a bag. I was going to link to a recipe that shows what I do with mine, but I can't find one. I make a sort of mashed-potato style dish. Empty the bag into a pot with just barely enough water or chicken broth to get them cooked. Maybe with some onion and/or garlic if you're not feeling lazy. Then when it's soft, blend it with an immersion blender or in a food processor with some cream cheese, sour cream, or half and half. And cheese if you like that sort of thing. Pepper jack cheese or Camille's herbed goat cheese are both good in there. Basically you end up with a neon green mash, and I really like it.
The noble organic lemonade is on sale. I can't find the ingredient list, but I got a case once, and I remember that it has agave in it, just so ya know.
EBERLY, Y'all.
WINGS! Eberly, which is the organic, properly free-range chicken. Solomon loves wings in his lunch box.
BREASTS from Eberly are on the list, too.
And BACKS! This is for making broth. Eberly is organic, and free range, so these will make a nice nourishing broth. The backs come in a 10 lb bag. I have one, and though it arrives UNfrozen, I wasn't smart enough to portion it out before I threw the bag in the freezer. So I don't know how many backs are in there. Six, maybe? As with the oxtails, I always run bones through twice and get a double batch.
For you new folks, here's we tend to go with Eberly poultry because they are organic, but also free range. Not "free range" like they're raised in barns with a little door and a square of grass, but rather raised on small individual farms in Pennsylvania with actual outdoor grass time, and non GMO grain. Processed by hand.
And finally TURKEY JERKY. I got tons at the beginning of the summer and we just finished them off. Does not require refrigeration. *Made from turkey raised humanely on a vegetarian diet free of antibiotics, our original recipe sticks are a gluten-free snack that is easy to eat whether driving in the car, sitting at your desk, or hanging with friends around the lunch table at school.
turkey, water,spices, sea salt, raw sugar, paprika (for flavoring), granulated garlic, celery powder, onion powder, lactic acid starter culture (from corn), stuffed in a collagen casing.
Pickup day is Labor Day. Yay American Workers! I didn't realize that when I scheduled it, but I won't be picking kids up from school, so pickup times can probably start a little earlier than usual. Just email Monday if you're ready to pick up and you want to be sure things are ready.
CLICK HERE and Go order, by noon tomorrow!
Our white oaks ground beef and oxtail are finally coming in today. We'll order again next week so we can maintain our first-meeting-of-the-month-is-white-oaks-delivery-day thing.
Those pink lady apples were very, very good last week. I put those on again this week, but got the next size down, so there'll be 9 apples instead of 8 in each 3# share.

Baby bok choy. I don't think we've ever ordered this before. I think it's partially because with something I'm not so familiar with I have no idea what a pound of it looks like. But HERE is a recipe that looks good. And you can grill it:

Taylor farms cauli/broc mix in a bag. I was going to link to a recipe that shows what I do with mine, but I can't find one. I make a sort of mashed-potato style dish. Empty the bag into a pot with just barely enough water or chicken broth to get them cooked. Maybe with some onion and/or garlic if you're not feeling lazy. Then when it's soft, blend it with an immersion blender or in a food processor with some cream cheese, sour cream, or half and half. And cheese if you like that sort of thing. Pepper jack cheese or Camille's herbed goat cheese are both good in there. Basically you end up with a neon green mash, and I really like it.
The noble organic lemonade is on sale. I can't find the ingredient list, but I got a case once, and I remember that it has agave in it, just so ya know.
| These are "whole" wings. Ours will be cut into separate drums and wings. |
WINGS! Eberly, which is the organic, properly free-range chicken. Solomon loves wings in his lunch box.
BREASTS from Eberly are on the list, too.
And BACKS! This is for making broth. Eberly is organic, and free range, so these will make a nice nourishing broth. The backs come in a 10 lb bag. I have one, and though it arrives UNfrozen, I wasn't smart enough to portion it out before I threw the bag in the freezer. So I don't know how many backs are in there. Six, maybe? As with the oxtails, I always run bones through twice and get a double batch.
For you new folks, here's we tend to go with Eberly poultry because they are organic, but also free range. Not "free range" like they're raised in barns with a little door and a square of grass, but rather raised on small individual farms in Pennsylvania with actual outdoor grass time, and non GMO grain. Processed by hand.
![]() |
| Turkey Jerky sticks. |
And finally TURKEY JERKY. I got tons at the beginning of the summer and we just finished them off. Does not require refrigeration. *Made from turkey raised humanely on a vegetarian diet free of antibiotics, our original recipe sticks are a gluten-free snack that is easy to eat whether driving in the car, sitting at your desk, or hanging with friends around the lunch table at school.
turkey, water,spices, sea salt, raw sugar, paprika (for flavoring), granulated garlic, celery powder, onion powder, lactic acid starter culture (from corn), stuffed in a collagen casing.
Pickup day is Labor Day. Yay American Workers! I didn't realize that when I scheduled it, but I won't be picking kids up from school, so pickup times can probably start a little earlier than usual. Just email Monday if you're ready to pick up and you want to be sure things are ready.
CLICK HERE and Go order, by noon tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment