Friday, June 7, 2013
Friday 6/7
Wainwright has raised the price of cheese again. They raised the price on the pasteurized cheeses so now all cheeses are the same price, $7/lb. (Organic Valley cheese through albert's, both raw and pasteurized, is closer to $9/lb, so that's not a better option. Though Trader Joe's might be.)
Corn is on "special" this week. I don't see it ever getting as low as 50 cents an ear through Albert's, which is the price Jordan Brown is charging at the farmer's market for his organic corn. But you don't have to wake up early on Saturday for this, so I offer it as an option. And not that I think you're incapable of googling stuff for yourself, but here's how to blanch and freeze corn.
Beth, your whole turkeys are on the confirmation, but they weren't totally sure if they were available sort of "off season". I haven't heard back for sure. I'll see what I can find out today.
NO BUYING CLUB NEXT WEEK.
So preorders put in this week will arrive on June 24th.
Also, stock up on whatever eggs you'll need to get you through two weeks. We should have plenty.
The nectarines aren't officially on special, but the price seems very good (much lower than the same weight cases of peaches). I'm going to do my case purchase for the no-pectin nectarine jam I made last year. (this post doesn't mention it, but I think you have to leave the skins on to maximize the natural pectin, which is why I use nectarines rather than peaches)
NEW PRODUCT. Kombucha. I never buy kombucha at the store, so I don't know what the normal price is. $2.50 seems pretty normal, though? This gets good reviews, particularly the "root beer" flavor. HERE is their web site. It's listed as 95% organic, and gluten free.
White Oaks steaks and ground beef on for next time. I just recently got around to cooking the top sirloin steak I got last time (months ago). It was a single 1lb steak (that I portioned out). White Oaks is not certified organic, but they are 100% grassfed and finished, from Georgia.
I ordered a case of heavy cream last week, so that's already coming in even though there aren't any preorders for it (I was going to make some ice cream and put it away, so it doesn't matter if I end up with the whole case myself) So heavy cream is up there in the "things coming in Monday" section.
I think that's it. If you think of anything meat-wise that you want to preorder, we can put the order in until next Friday, so just email if you want to add anything.
HERE's the order form, order by noon Saturday! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnRnG5MU84qLdDJ0TEc2WDJXdFlNTk5XVUdHZGRiS2c#gid=0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment