EGGS AND GOAT STUFF
Camille's goat milk and chevre have been terrific. I cannot stand cheese that tastes like I'm licking a goat, so I don't embrace goat milk or chevre easily. But this stuff has been good. This week Camille asks, "Would anyone like to try some goat milk ice cream? Vanilla and peanut butter (custard based ice cream, goat milk and eggs, sugar, and flavors) $3.50 a pint." So that's on there this week.
Also, the eggs this week are from Camille. She has some regular dozens but she also has some pullet eggs, the young hens' eggs that aren't as large as the others yet. Those are packaged in 18 counts rather than dozens, and I've listed them separately. There aren't many, so I'll remove the eggs from the form as soon as those have been ordered - if you don't see them on there it means they're all gone.
GROUND BEEF
Tonya, Laura-Lan and Ruth, the White Oaks ground beef will be in next week since that takes 2 weeks to come in from the time we order. (Tonya you're down for 3, Ruth for 2)
MURRAY'S IN THE NEWS
Ruth found an article about Murray's chicken. I did some looking around to be sure it was the same company, and it does appear to be the same Murray's we order from to get our chicken tenders each week. Read HERE, (the gist of it is that an inspector working for Murray's died from what seems like exposure to the chemical baths used to eliminate bacteria.) All over the web you'll find articles praising Murray's for being one of the only chicken producers in the country who did NOT use chemical baths, but this is definitely the same company as much as I didn't want to believe it, and having this info meant I really needed to share it with everyone who buys those Murray's products each week. If you ordered tenders and don't want them, I'll buy them from you, email me (you can see what you have on order on the order form, the text is grayed out but you should be able to read it). My research leads me to believe that certified organic chickens cannot be dunked in these baths. I'll keep putting the Murray's on the order form because there are only 3 organic chicken options (Bell&Evans, Coleman, Eberly) and none of them have the tenders. But I wanted to share the information.
ORGANIC CHICKEN
I do have a case of Eberly organic boneless skinless chicken breasts coming in that will be available - they are double the price of the Murray's tenders, but look for those if that's your preference. (we also have eberly organic legs on for next week)
PRODUCE
Berries were all expensive this week. (I saw much better prices at Fresh Market, I'm sure other stores are offering better, too)
CULTURED FOODS
Wills Valley fermented STUFF. I can't find much on this company other than a very simple web site. They have fermented organic kraut, beets, and ginger carrots. So what the heck, let's try the carrots. I can't find a photo, but I'm thinking they're grated, since it's described as being like a relish. Unpasteurized and certified organic / Aged for 6 weeks in stone crocks Do not contain sugars, vinegar or additives of any kind
Ginger Carrots: carrots, ginger, celtic sea salt and sauerkraut juice, used similar to a relish or can be used on sandwiches. available year round
Their web site also says something about everything being shipped in 16 oz vacuum packed bags, not jars.
I think that's it for the order form. Order before noon on Saturday, before you get out and mesmerized by this totally perfect weather.
Also, I couldn't embed this, I guess it's too large, but HERE is a happy video of our dance party on the lawn yesterday if you need a distraction.
Order form link, right here:

No comments:
Post a Comment