Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday 4/19

 HAPPY THIRD ANNIVERSARY BUYING CLUB!  Sort of weird that this is still going on...
Our buying club is 3 years old this week.
And this book actually exists.
And that's the exact same haircut I had as a child.




Ataulfo mango - this is the smaller yellow sorta tear-drop shaped one, not the larger green/blush one.  










These are the grilled chicken strips:
Fully cooked, ready to eat.











And this is the organic mild italian chicken sausage.  I'm sort of interested in how this turns out, because this company (Bilinski's) has both organic and "natural" lines, and they have these sausages in various flavors, but also fully cooked chicken meatballs and trays of fully cooked chicken meatloaf in 16 ounce trays. I wish I could sample a few things...
TJ's has nonorganic chicken sausages for cheaper than Bilinski's ($4 vs our $5.25) but I don't think they have an organic option, so I'm focusing on the organics for us.


CHICKEN NUGGETS: I don't have these on the order form, but we've sometimes bought the 12 ounce boxes of Bell & Evans breaded chicken breast nuggets in the past.  I noticed that they have a 10 lb bulk option that's much cheaper.  Bought by the box, you get 12 oz for 6.45, or $8.60 per pound.  If you get the 10 lbs at once, it's $7.00 a pound.  $70 is a lot to drop on a case of chicken nuggets, unless your kids REALLY like chicken nuggets, so I thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who wants to look into it.  Here's info on them: http://www.bellandevans.com/frozen/breaded-chicken-breast-nuggets
(I'd probably go in halvesies if anyone wanted to do that)


And enjoy your weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the 70's - hey, are you sure you don't mean this kid? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Robbie_Rist_Cousin_Oliver_Brady_Bunch_1974.JPG

    ReplyDelete