Friday, March 8, 2013
Preorder for 3/18
1. I'm working on a price list you can all access and view so that you can "shop" and let me know what you want me to put on the order form. CHECK IT OUT! It ain't done yet, but I'll be working on it more this weekend.
2. Edit grid, our old online spreadsheet, is gone. (it was not dependable) We are now on Google docs. If you notice anything not working quite right with it please let me know. HERE IT IS! (it still won't work on phones or tablets, but from what I understand none of our free options will)
3. The rows shaded in light gray are items from American Homestead natural meats, and they take 3 weeks to come in. So you can order now, but they won't arrive until mid-April. Read more about American Homestead HERE. Things I wanted to try were:
Pork loin roast. Unlike the butt we get that gets slow-cooked to fall apart, this is roasted and sliced.
Bacon. It's uncured, and comes in 18 oz packages. The Garrett Valley we normally get is $5 per 12 oz package, or $6.67/lb. This is 6.75 for 18 oz, or $6/lb. Not a huge difference, considering we have to wait so long for it, but I'd like to try it. Read about it HERE. I believe it's thick-cut.
Hot dogs. These are not organic, but $4.25, and "gourmet". Much cheaper than the Maverick I've been getting that we like so much. American Homestead All-Natural Hot Dogs are made from 100% premium pork cuts, and have a natural pork casing for an authentic bite. It's "clean" uncured ingredient label of no added nitrates or nitrites coupled with it true All Natural and Humane animal raising protocols, assures you of the highest quality available.
Eight 2.0 oz links per 1.0 pound sealed package. Read more about them HERE.
Since the bacon and hot dogs from American Heritage will take so long to arrive, we have dogs and bacon that will arrive at our next pickup as well (applegate farms dogs and garrett valley bacon)
The only other thing on the form that we haven't ordered before are Spence & co. wild salmon pinwheels. I saw the farmed atlantic version of this at fresh market for $8 (this wild version is $6.25 for us).
4. At the moment, with produce prices through Albert's not so great, but finding myself still in need of good meats, I plan to have a buying club meeting every 2-3 weeks just to keep stocked in meats and other non-produce items. We'll put produce on, too, but it's feeling more like a meats stock-up system until/unless the produce prices improve.
5. If you get milk, a separate order form for milk, cheese, and eggs will go out later today.
6. So this week, right now and through Saturday, you can put in your non-produce orders for things to come in on Monday March 18th. Friday a week from today (the 15th) you'll get the form sent to you again, only there will be produce options added to it. Then it will all come in on the 18th and we'll have a normal pickup day.
Once again, here's the ORDER FORM link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment