Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday 3/29


We are off to Okefenokee Swamp today.  Did you realize it's only an hour and a half drive from here, and they do sunset/moonrise boat tours?  Trembling Earth, y'all.  Skunkapes.  Plus the town that is the eastern entrance (Folkston) is the "funnel" that all trains leaving Florida pass through, so it's this big train-watching spot.  If that doesn't scream "day trip" I don't know what does.

So here's the stuff we have coming in on Monday already: Pork butts, pork ribs, pork hot dogs, turkey jerky sticks, cottage cheese, fage, and the ever-present chicken tenders.  And the almonds are here if you ordered any of those.

EXTRAS available:
1. Pork butts: either one 16-pound two pack, or I can split it and you can take a single 8-pounder.
2. Pork ribs: they come in 2-2.5 lb packages, and are good on the grill, effing amazing on the smoker.  Like, I don't mind so much if I end up with the whole case.
3. The hot dogs: they are pork hot dogs, info on them HERE.  Another one I probably won't mind if we end up with the whole case here as grill season is starting up.  ($10 a pack on their site, $4.50 for us.  Which is cheaper than the "good" hot dogs I've been buying at the store.)
4. Maybe 5 or 6 packages of the turkey jerky sticks.

EMAIL ME to add any of those things above (I won't respond until Saturday morning).

The cottage cheese is unclaimed, so it's listed up top with the produce and white oaks beef, just order if you want it.

Just under the cottage cheese is White Oaks stew beef and White Oaks chuck roast, in my freezer from last time.  Most of the chuck roasts are around 2.5 pounds.  I've listed what I have left. They sent a sheet on how to properly cook grassfed beef, remind me to give you one if you get a roast.

The tomatoes, sugar snap peas and blueberries are on special this week.  The tomatoes are "on the vine" clusters from wholesum, they're about $1 per pound less than the other tomato listings.  They'll look like this (this is a picture from someone else's organic produce box, specifically from Wholesum):


Go Micro microgreens.  This is a new company in south florida.  They have 4 varieties, and I know I want some, I just didn't know which variety YOU guys would want.  So give me feedback if any of these look good to you.  This time I went with Italian (basil, arugula, parsley).  1.35/bag.  It'll probably get sauteed with eggs and put on salads and sandwiches.  Their web site isn't up yet, but they do have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gomicrogreens



Golden nugget mandarins: Bumpy skin, seedless, easy-peel.  Apparently popular out west, one of those varieties people stalk the produce managers for.  INFO HERE.








For next time, the bacon is the Garrett Valley thick sliced dry rubbed uncured bacon:


We're off to the swamp now.  PUT IN YOUR ORDER HERE, before noon Saturday.  Thanks y'all, have a wonderful Easter weekend, and I'll see you Monday!


Undeniable proof of the Skunk Ape!  



No comments:

Post a Comment