Friday, January 25, 2013

Forsooth and Anon!

PREORDERS
Amanda 2 fage prepaid, 2 ground beef prepaid
              1 fage (do you want all 3?), 2 tenderloins, 1 guacamole, 2 turkey thighs
Naomi 1 fage, 2 pork butts, 1 flat bread
Ruth 1 pork butt, 1 turkey thigh
Steph 1 salmon, 1 salsa
Kathy G 1 tenderloin, 1 guacamole, 1 flatbread
Laura D 1 tenderloin
Laura Lan 1 guacamole, 1 pork butts, 2 pork ribs, 2 steaks, 2 salsa, 3 flat bread
Jessica 1 tenderloin
Kathy L 1 guacamole, 1 pork butt, 2 turkey thighs, 2 pork ribs, 2 steaks, 1 neck bones
Tamara 2 tenderloins
Alex Z 4 tenderloins, 1 guacamole, 4 salmon
Gretchen 3 tenderloins, 1 pork butt, 2 pork ribs
Beth 4 tenderloins, 1 fage, 3 turkey thighs, 1 salmon, 2 salsa
Tonya 2 tenderloins, 1 fage, 1 salsa
Brenda 1 guacamole, 1 pork butt, 2 pork ribs, 5 flat bread
Kristin 1 pork ribs, 1 flatbread
Michele 2 pork ribs
Laura C 1 pork ribs, 1 flat bread
Summer 2 steaks, 1 neck bones
Betty 1 neck bones

Extras: 1 pork butt (1 package of TWO pork butt roasts, equals about 16 pounds, )

LEFTOVER CHARGES FROM LAST WEEK

Naomi 3.20
Marci 2.65 left after cash payment
Alex Z 56.03
carol 7.62 (from cheese total)
Laura C 66.25

New items
"Go Micro" microgreens.  I can't find an actual web site, but they have a facebook page.
They are basically sprouts of different veggies.  So far they only have "spicy blend" and "Italian blend" available, so I put the Italian blend on, which is Arugula, basil, and parsley (though I'm hoping the "kale combo" is available soon).  To be added to salads or sandwiches.



They seem to be a division of a new supplier in Miami called "Rock Gardens", and under that name we have lettuces available from the EAST coast (most of our lettuces were coming from the West).  They only have two varieties on this week (red leaf or red oak), but I have the red leaf on, pictured at right. I'm not sure, but I think it may come packaged in a plastic clamshell.  Even then it's still less than half the price of any other lettuce right now.  Another advantage to this supplier is that it comes in a case of SIX rather than 24.  So it's likely to actually come in, even if only a few people order.

(FYI, romaine lettuce from out west is coming up as $4.20 per head)

Yellow Jersey Sweet potatoes: 
It's been a long time since we've seen these.  Not the moist orange southern sweet potatoes.  These are the drier fluffier "white" sweet potatoes.

Murcott mandarins: 
Apparently "cuties", those little peelable oranges, are a clementine/murcott cross.   The murcott should be mostly seedless and easy to peel and section.  Like a satsuma or a clementine or any other mandarin.

BUTTER
Your best buy for grassfed butter is Kerrygold at Trader Joe's.  $2.99 for 8 oz.  Nothing we can get can beat that.  But I'm going to order myself a case of Organic Valley pastured butter ($42/case, or $3.50 per 8oz) just for convenience.  I like having a stockpile in the freezer, the last time I went to TJ's they were all out of kerrygold.  If anyone else wants a case, just let me know.

That's it.  This week was sort of hard, so many things not available or very expensive.

Next week we will have some White Oaks stew beef, oxtails, and stir fry beef in.  I ordered directly from the company, and ordered extras to have on hand.  THIS week our White Oaks ground beef will be in.  None of it was preordered, so it's just an "order what you want" thing, and the rest will go in my freezer.

Go order NOW.  (oh, and it's medieval fair weekend!  So get your order in before you squeeze into ye olde corset.)  Also, don't forget the farmer's markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment