Friday, February 3, 2012

Florida Winters Rock

PREORDERS
Naomi S: 2 thighs, 2 tenderloins
Ruth: 5 thighs, 1 bacon, 2 fage, 4 tenderloins
Kathy: 2 thighs, 2 ground turkey, 1 fage, 2 tenderloins
Michele: 2 ground turkey
Jen: 2 thighs, 8 ground turkey, 2 tenderloins
Beth: 6 thighs, 2 bacon, 3 fage, 3 tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese
Joy: 2 thighs, 1 bacon, 1 fage, 1 tenderloin, 2 cottage cheese
Laura C: 10 thighs,
Tonya: 2 fage, 2 tenderloins
Keri: 2 fage, 1 cottage cheese
Tamara: 1 cottage cheese
Brenda: 1 thigh, 4 cream
Laura-Lan: 4 cream

4 pints of heavy cream available.
There are 5 extra packages of tenderloins available.

BUTTER
Talia 10 lbs (delivered)
Ruth 5 lbs butter (delivered)
Michele 7 lbs butter (delivered)
Jen 5 lbs butter (delivered)
Beth 15 lbs (delivered)
Carol 10 lbs (delivered)
Keri 3 lbs (delivered)
Tamara 15 lb (delivered)
Camille 15 lbs (picked up)
Laura C 10 lbs
the following had their butter amounts changed to match how I bagged it, which was 2.5# bags...
Kathy 7.5 lbs butter (changed from 8)
Joy 2.5 lb butter (changed from 3)
Jocelyn 2.5 lb butter (changed from 2)

Kale was 3.69 a bunch at Ward's.  What the heck??  I normally don't consider it a "good" price for putting on the list unless it's $2 or less, but considering the prices I saw, I put it on at 2.75.

Cabbage - there should be around 17 heads in the case, but I'm never sure, as they pack it by weight.  So the price per head may change if they are larger or smaller, but the price per pound will be the same.

Dried mushrooms - these have always been on the list, but I've always skipped them.  But lately I've been craving mushrooms.  And I don't always have fresh ones on hand.  I'll give 'em a try.  I've never had maitakes, but googling them led to all sorts of health benefit claims and recipes.  The suggested price is 4.99, and I see the price tag on this photo I found is 4.39.  It comes to 4.00 for us.  It's a little 1 oz bag, but this seems to be the price for all the dried mushrooms (they also have a forest mix and other varieties)

Chandler Pomelo - I don't know much about them, but  this woman does a fine job of explaining what they are.  Ha, "massive cannon balls of citrus honey".  It's a great picture-filled post on what they're like and how to eat them (and includes the tidbit that she was paying $3.50 each for them).


FAGE in small cups: It's not cheaper than the store, $18 for the case comes to 1.50 per cup, so it's not really a buying club style deal.  But it IS full fat, which is impossible to find in the small cups in stores (I suppose they'd special order, though?).  I've been ordering them because my kids like them.  If you want a case, it's on the order form under preorders.  Just let me know what flavor you'd like.  There's strawberry, peach, honey, blueberry, and cherry.


EGGS:   Mr Hagan is not delivering eggs this week, but Camille's chickens have kicked back into high gear, so we should have around 30 dozen.

WHOLE CHICKENS: Eberley.  This is the pastured/organic one.  Mostly from Amish farms.  They are 3.5 to 4 pounds each, 3.90 per pound, so they should be around 14.50 each.  16 of them in a case, so get two or we'll never make the case.


And this is totally something you may not give a darn about, but I've been making my own cultured sour cream, and it's working great!  My kids are much more likely to eat sour cream than yogurt, plus it cultures at room temp, so it's pretty dang easy.  I got piima culture from cultures for health, and I make a small pint of "mother batch" of piima from milk once a week (hardest part is doing this weekly, you gotta to keep it going).  Then you just mix 2 TBS of this cultured milk into a pint of heavy cream, leave it on the counter, and boom, sour cream.  It gets thicker as it sits in the fridge - I don't think the kids could tell the difference between this and commercial sour cream.  The cultured "yogurt" that serves as my mother batch even tastes like sour cream (but it's not at all thick) so I use it to make salad dressings.  I just had such good luck with it I thought I'd share the info.  Try code "yogurt" for 20% off yogurt cultures, though I don't know when that expires.  Oh, and I used to add sour cream to the order form because *I* needed some.  Now you might have to remind me if it's time to order sour cream!

I'm working on moving from editgrid to google docs' spreadsheets.  It should work better for those of you using ipads or phones.  Any yeas or nays on that? 
I wasn't quite ready to go live with it this week, but if there aren't any objections, we should be using it next week.


One last thing.  This Saturday is the "Cash Mob" (a play on "flash mob") at the 441 farmer's market.  Their hope is to get lots of people out who will each spend at least $20.  I think I can do that.  There will be a bounce house, some kid activities by Morning Meadow, some vegan food, live music, and the usual market, which is pretty awesome all on its own.  The market opens at 8:30.  


ORDER FORM IS READY NOW.



1 comment:

  1. I would love something that works well with the ipad / iphone!

    ReplyDelete