Friday, May 6, 2011

Yay, Friday.

PREORDERS
No Cream this week
Ruth: 5 tenderloins, 1 fage
Kathy: 1 fage
Heddy: 2 nuggets, 1 tenderloin
Beth: 2 tenderloins, 2 fage, 2 cottage cheese
Talia: 1 cottage cheese
LauraLan: 1 cottage cheese, 6 whole chickens
Jen B: 2 whole chickens
Tonya: 2 fage
Cathy: 2 tenderloins
Rhea: 4 nuggets
Brenda: 4 nuggets

Extras: 2 boxes of bell & evans chicken breast nuggets, 2 Murray's whole chickens, 1 4lb Tribe Hummus
(the hummus won't be on the grid, but if you're interested it's $15.)

Almonds and Almond Flour:
If the Almond flour comes in today I'll add it to your total (27.55). I was expecting it here by now.

So far I have, for the Nut Order, Almonds (A)/walnuts (W):
Angela
A 3
JenB
A 3-8
W3-8
Tonya
A 3
Ruth
A 5
W 5
Sabrina
A 7
NaomiS
A 5
Kathy
W 5
Beth and Brenda variable, to fill 2nd case.
We could make room for 10-15 more pounds of almonds if anyone else wants to order any.
So far we're still 12 pounds away from a case of walnuts.
Anyway, if you want raw unpasteurized organic almonds for $8/lb or walnuts (not certified organic) for $5/lb, now's the time to jump in! The shipping is the same per case, so ordering more doesn't change shipping cost, so this will be the actual price no matter how much we order.
Email me if you'd like some of these.

New item, Camille's chevre. It's up top with the eggs and bread. $5 for a 6oz tub. This is from Camille's goats. Low-temp pasteurized by Camille this week. I don't like goat-anything, but I actually liked this particular cheese (some of you got to try it a few weeks ago here at the house.) And she's out of buffalo, so that's been removed from the order form for now.

Camille's flock/herd

PRODUCE
Valencia oranges - in season in summer (May-June). I never knew.
Mini-peppers are back!
Broccolini - described as a broccoli/asparagus taste.
The watermelons are even cheaper than last week when they were on special - were those good? Someone who got one post a comment.

OTHER STUFF

Beef prices went way up on the list. I was hoping for stew beef this week, but it's at $8/lb! So I put on bone-in turkey breast, 3.75/lb, each is estimated to be between 4 and 8 pounds. I'm hoping it'll be like cooking a very large whole chicken, only without all the parts and pieces! This is from Mary's. These are not organic.

The ground beef went up to close to $6.50/lb, and you can get it for about $5.30 at Publix (white oaks brand, it's all grassfed) using that $10/$40 coupon that most of them will accept as a competitor's coupon. Buy 6 of them, total is $42, use the coupon, price comes down to $5.33 each.

I think the order form is ready now. Go ORDER.

PS: Today's "Living Social" deal is $10 for $20 worth of meat through UF's meat processing center. Houston worked there one semester as a student. Back then it was pretty conventional, though the animals were out grazing, as they aren't a huge factory operation. That was over 10 years ago, so I don't know much about them now. Anyway, here are two links to that deal. One is Ruth's, one is Naomi S's (they both happened to send it to me, so I thought I'd pass their links on, as they get some credit if you buy through them.)
Here's one link,
Here's the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment