Friday, November 12, 2010

Ready to order.

First things first, Welcome Sanjay Bansel and congratulations Bansel parents and big sisters! Boys are awesome.

Preorders arriving this week: When you order, go ahead and put these preorders in your column, too.
Natural by Nature milk: 2 for Laura-Lan
Goat milk: Camille and Tonya
Fage total: 1 Naomi W, 1 Naomi S, 1 Beth, 3 extra (email me to claim extras)
Natural by Nature cream: 2 Laura C, 1 Beth, 3 Brenda, 2 Ruth, 4 Camille

I moved the "preorders for the next delivery" above your total, hoping they would be easier to remember to order. The total of future preorders comes to zero since you won't be paying for them until they come in.

Turkeys will arrive November 22nd. We'll be having a delivery THIS Monday, and the following Monday as well, since that's Thanksgiving week. By the way, I've seen prices from Annie's and Rosa's, and we're getting a real deal on these Turkeys!

I'm enjoying having every other weekend free of buying club duties, but I will also be glad to return to once-a-week deliveries after the new year. Every time I have to go to a real store to pay real prices. So fear not that this break indicates a desire to move to an every-other-week schedule.

Some good specials this week. Pomegranates are $1 ea?! and avocadoes are, too.

With the broccoli, it seems like we get more for our money when we get the crowns rather than the whole heads, do you agree? This week it's 3.75 for a head, but 2.75 for lb of crowns.

Camille's Spicy Garlic buffalo jerky is available! It's $8 for a 5 oz package. Almost a pound of (prejerkied) meat goes in each 5oz package. For you wheat free folks, she says: "I got some wheat free soy. I'll make a non spicy batch with that this week, perhaps." So if you're interested in that wheat free or non spicy version, let her know!

There are things that cost SO much less loose rather than packaged. Like the crimini mushrooms. We can get 3 pounds packaged in little 8oz containers, or 5 pounds loose, for the same price. Just know that I don't always have little bags, so forgive me if you have loose mushrooms rolling around in your box. Oh, and if you have extra publix bags, bring them. I'll use those, but I keep running out!

The pie pumpkins end up being $1 per pound. So that per-pumpkin price is a guess, but she said they usually send 9 pumpkins (if they're small and they send more I'll adjust the price)

Tomatoes - these are regular tomatoes, not cherry. You'll get 2 pounds, which I think should be 6 small ones? Of course that will all depend on the size of the tomato, but I think these, if I'm learning to read this stuff correctly, will be small, about 3 to a pound.

Listen to the choir sing. The PINK LADY apples are back! The honeycrisp were even more expensive this week. I'm giving up on them since the pink ladies are here.

Cashews. Organic and raw. I looked around online - Amazon, nutsonline, etc, and they seem to average about $9-10/lb. This comes in a 12 oz tub for 5.80, which is $7.75/lb. So this seems like a good deal on raw and organic. (if someone goes to M.Earth today, compare this price to their bulk bin price, wouldja?)

Cranberry trail mix from Grateful harvest: 11.5oz. tub - "Picked by Men’s Health magazine as the best trail mix, this snack has the sweet tart flavor of cranberries." Unsulphured raisins, date pieces (with rice flour), cranberries, walnuts, apples, coconut.

Lemon juice - I used up all my little plastic lemons of juice. I'm going for the big liter bottle. These bottles are $11 through Amazon ($6 here)

Chevre: I have no idea how much the local stuff costs, as I'm one of those who won't touch goat cheese. But chevre was requested, so it's on here. 3.80 for 4oz. Someone who knows how much it usually costs let me know if that's good. Looking around online, that looks pretty good. HERE is info on this particular brand. They have cute pictures of their goats and their environment HERE.

New meats this week include Heartland Meadow london broil roast. Heartland meadow is not organic, but they are pasture/feed, humane, no hormones/antibiotics.

Okay, that's it. Go ORDER now! I'll be ordering around noon tomorrow. Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment