Kristin: 2 tenderloins, 1 bacon
Laura-Lan: 4 tenderloins, 1 jalapeno sauerkraut
Carol: 1 tenderloin, 2 butter
Michele: 1 butter
Kathy L: 4 butter
Naomi: 1 heavy cream
Alex: 2 tenderloins, 1 bacon, 1 butter
Tamara: 5 butter
Ruth: 10 tenderloins, 4 bacon, 2 cases plain fage cups, 1 case cherry fage cups
Laura C: 2 bacon
Tonya: 2 tenderloins
Jen: 3 tenderloins
Lila: 3 bacon, 1 heavy cream
Beth: 4 tenderloins, 3 bacon, 1 cream, 3 jalapeno sauerkraut, 6 plain sauerkraut
Amanda: 2 tenderloins, 1 bacon, 3 cream, 2 butter
Summer: 4 butter
Tonya: 2 butter
Laura D 1 butter
Brenda: 1 bacon, 4 cream, 2 jalapeno sauerkraut
2 creams available
Here's what they have to say about what's going on in the world of produce:
Cucumbers have become very tight - California is done, Florida/Mexico are 2 weeks out
Hard Squash is in this weekend!
Tomatoes will remain very tight until November
Fall Glo and Golden Sweet Tangerines are right around the corner!
Pomegranates are in and look great!
Hard Squash is in this weekend!
Tomatoes will remain very tight until November
Fall Glo and Golden Sweet Tangerines are right around the corner!
Pomegranates are in and look great!
Red Cabbage: the "special" two weeks ago on green cabbage was $2/lb. The red cabbage this week is $1.25/lb. Great price. One can make red kraut, right? Why, yes, you can. Same dealio with this as with squashes and other things packed by weight rather than number of items. I don't know how many heads will actually be in the box until it arrives. I'm guessing 15 heads and the per head price is based on that, but it may change depending on if there are lots of little ones or fewer big ones. So while the price per head may change, the price per pound will be $1.25.
HONEYCRISP apples: When I first did the math and saw that the honeycrisps would be $9 a bag, I thought we'd be waiting for the price to come down more before ordering them. But then I did the math on the galas and fujis, and they were more expensive than the organic galas and fujis at Publix. So why not go ahead and get the really good stuff? (I've been paying $3/lb for the conventional honeycrisps because yes, I will buy conventional honeycrisp over organic anything.)
The BEETS are CHIOGGAS. Stripey beets. The stripes fade a lot when cooked, becoming mostly pink instead of bright red and white. They are on special. $1.90 per pound. Last time we got beets they were about 3 beets to a pound. So expect about 6 beets, depending on their size.
Cindy's dressing: I got some of this ranch dressing at fresh market, and the kids really liked it. It comes in glass and has to be kept refrigerated, even before opening. It's $6 for 16 ounces at Fresh Market, and $5.50 for the same bottle through Albert's. But Albert's also has 32 oz bottles (don't know if they're also glass, but I'm pretty sure they are) for $7.50, which is a much better price.
JERKY: The grateful harvest beef jerky is on special. Not much of one, but a few cents less than last time. We got teryaki last time, this one is BBQ. Gluten-free.
And my kids asked for the tom toms again, those turkey jerky sticks, so we have TWO jerkys on the list this week. It'll go well with all that beer we have in our new second fridge! (actually, we have a looooong road trip coming up next weekend to a place with no grocery stores. I'm stocking up on road trip food.)
ALL the preorders we order this time will come in on October 22nd.
EGGS: Poor Norman's chickens suffered a lot of casualties this past week. 30 of his approximately 42 hens were killed by dogs. He'll have some eggs, but not many. And Camille's have been taking a bit of a rest lately. We do have eggs coming in from another supplier this week (Alan Hagan) but I'm not sure if we'll have as many eggs as we'll want this week. Just be aware of that.
Turkeys: Our turkey order is in. This is what I have:
Steph 2 medium free range eberly
Laura-Lan 1 case (6) bone-in breasts
Michele 1 medium free range eberly
Summer 1 medium free range eberly
Betty 1 medium free range eberly
Ruth 1 medium free range eberly, 1 bone-in breasts
Ingrid 1 medium free range eberly, 3 bone-in breasts
Amanda 1 medium free range eberly
Gretchen 1 bone-in breast, 1 heritage small turkey
Beth 2 heritage small turkey
Naomi 1 large natural
Kathy L 1 large natural
Brenda 1 small heritage, 1 bone-in breast
For those of us who ordered the heritage, they may not be able to get them, and if they can't I'm going to switch us to a case of small Eberly free range organic.
They arrive NOT frozen the Monday before Thanksgiving.
It's a very long order form this week, but I'm trying to put enough on there to cover two weeks since we're off next week. Plus I'm taking a road trip and wanted certain things. Like the lavash, kefir, and jerky (nothing says "Mississippi road trip" like kefir and lavash, eh?)
Order form is HERE.
![]() |
| Middle-o-nowhere! |


No comments:
Post a Comment