Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday 9/14

PREORDERS
We did not order fage or cottage cheese

Naomi 2 tenderloins, 2 wings
Laura D 1 tenderloins
Betty 1 thigh
Kathy G 1 bacon, 1 AF chicken strips
Carol 2 wings, 1 AF chicken strips
Ruth 10 tenderloins, 4 thighs, 4 bacon, 6 wings, 4 cases fage cups
Beth 4 tenderloins, 4 thighs
Michele 2 bacon
Kathy L 2 tenderloins, 4 thighs, 2 bacon, 2 AF chicken strips, 1 lemonade
Laura Lan 2 lemonade, 3 thighs, 2 bacon
Joy 1 AF chicken strips, 2 thighs, 1 bacon
Alex 1 lemonade, 3 tenderloins,  1 thigh, 1 bacon
Lila 2 tenderloins, 1 bacon
Ingrid 1 bacon
Amanda 2 tenderloins, 1 thigh, 1 bacon,
Gretchen 2 tenderloins

The stew beef is coming in, too.  I'll come back and update who's getting stew beef.

Bags of Butter (2.5 pounds each bag,  $15.38 each bag)
The butter will arrive October 1, an OFF day for the buying club. If you live nearby I may deliver it to you, otherwise you'll get your butter the following Monday.
Laura D 1
Carol 2
Michele 1
Kathy L 4
Alex 1
Tamara 5
Amanda 2
Summer 4
Tonya 2

I have already eaten 1 entire jar of that kim chi.  A new fave. But I was not crazy about the french onion dip.

Notes from Albert's about what's going on in the world of produce:

Bagrada Beetles are decimating cooking greens crops in California
Blueberries from South America will start end of October
Kiwiberries are coming up soon! 
Cinacia bagged fingerling potatoes are just around the corner!
Asparagus from Argentina will be available the last week of September


CABBAGE! Someone requested cabbage last week to make sauerkraut, and I thought that the price, well over $2/lb, was ridiculous.  Well, this week it's on "special" for $1.25/lb.  This is one of those things where I'm just not sure how many heads will be in a case, because they sell it as a "50 pound" case.  I'm guessing around 12-15 heads in there.  So the estimated price per head is $5, but if they are much larger or smaller, the price per head will be adjusted, but the price will still be $1.25 per pound.

GALA apples this week, but the U.S. honeycrips were *this* close to being affordable!  I bet next time we'll have honeycrisps!

Jewel Date Co. WALNUT date rolls.  Pictured at right are the coconut ones, which we got last time. This time it's walnut, which is rolled in crushed walnuts rather than coconut.  I think they fit about 12 or so in there?

Grateful Harvest boneless top sirloin steak:




I couldn't find a photo of just the steak, but I wanted you to see how the steaks are packaged. It's like that bottom right package.  We used to get these all the time before we found our beef guy.  They aren't cheap, but they are easy, and no bones, and no waste on it, and just easy, a little piece of very good beef individually packaged.  Not organic (the organic/grassfed version was much more).  This top sirloin is really tender.  Heartland Meadow is Albert's affordable choice, not organic, not fully grassfed, but humane certification, vegetarian fed, no hormones or antibiotics, and "fed only natural feed and rations, such as pasture grass, hay, grains and legumes".
I did the math on the organic/grassfed steaks and this "lower priced" not organic brand, and would you believe that Grateful Harvest organic and 100% grassfed comes out better per pound?  I had these 6 oz steaks on there first, and it looked like a good price (something like $6 for the package) but I replaced it with a 16 ounce package (two 8 oz steaks packaged together) for $13.75.  That $13 price makes it look more expensive, but when I actually did the math, I realized we might as well get the good grassfed stuff!  So here's a picture of that brand:


MURRAY'S TURKEY SLIDERS
Read about them HERE. Not organic, but Murray's is who we get our tenders from, humane and all that.  Sliders are hamburger patties (in this case ground turkey patties) but smaller.  I'm thinking lunch boxes.


Cilantro Puree?  Okay, I'll try it.


I think that's it.

HERE IS THE ORDER FORM.



No comments:

Post a Comment