Beth and Kathy 1 case chickens
me: case of butter, 2 lemonade, 5 cream
lemonade coming in
Alex: 1 cottage cheese, 2 tenderloins, 1 cream
Beth: 20 tenderloins, 2 cottage cheese, 2 fage, case of turkey cutlets
Kathy L: 2 tenderloins
Tonya: 2 tenderloins, 1 fage
Summer: 4 tenderloins
Jen: 2 tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese
Gretchen: 4 tenderloins, blueberry fage case
Joy: 2 tenderloins
Kristin: 3 tenderloins, 1 fage, 2 lemonade, 1 cream
Kathy G: 1 tenderloin
Jocelyn: 1 butter
Keri: 1 butter ($15.38)
Hope: 1 case tenderloins
LLL 6 tenderloins, 2 lemonade, 2 cream, 1 fage
Ingrid: 2 tenderloins, 1 cottage cheese
Ruth: fage cups (already ordered)
Tamara: 3 cream, 1 cottage cheese
Naomi: 1 fage
CHEESE charges from before the break:
Dairy Day 7/13/12 (Friday)
Alex 1.12 lb
Naomi 1.71 lb
Beth 5.41 lb
Kathy L 3.22 lb and 2 bottles credit
Carol 1.46 lb
Laura C 2.4 lb and 11 bottles credit
Talia .62 lb
There was a little note of warning along with this week's price list that the drought would be having an effect on both the availability and the prices of produce coming from all over the US.
We're ordering milk and cheese this week for delivery on Wednesday (this gets us back on track, it will be our regular every-other-week schedule from here on out.) I close the ordering for those on Saturday afternoon when I close the other order, but if you need to add just email me. Closing it prevents anything from being added after I put in the order, after which I wouldn't see any changes. But changes can still be made, just email me. He tends to carry extra cheese and pasteurized milk on the truck with him, so I can add those to the order up to the last minute. It's the raw milk that they bottle only enough to fill orders that day, so those have to be in on time.
Broccoli crowns: for a while I did broccoli crowns instead of heads because I feel like it's a better deal (we don't eat the stems). Then I started doing the heads because they're easier to portion out. But I'm tired of throwing out those stems, so I'm doing crowns again. I don't weigh them out, I just divide them into roughly equal portions and bag them up.
Has anyone noticed the price of bananas going up at the stores? They really REALLY jumped big time this week.
Champagne grapes, also known as corinth grapes. They don't stay on the list for long. You can bake
with them like blueberries, or just eat fresh, they're seedless.
GREENS: I noticed when I was done that I had both the super greens AND a baby spring salad mix from Organic Girl on the form. AND romaine leaves. I usually try not to put so many similar things on the list (it might keep both from getting ordered if people are split) but eh, I'll leave them all on and see what happens. Both the super greens and the salad mix are the larger family size, not the smaller size you mostly see in publix. If y'all would prefer the smaller ones let me know.
ZUKES: I always hesitate to order zucchini (and cucumbers) because I never know how big they're going to be which makes them difficult to portion out (if it's a 2# share and they're .75# each...) So the actual weight/price of each share could change if they work out to be a little under or a little over 2# per share, but the per-pound price will stay the same.
WATER KEFIR: This made its appearance on the list while my kefir was still doing well. But since I've now killed my kefir grains twice, I'm going to try this stuff (I do plan to get my own water kefir going again once school starts). HERE is the company's web site. They have some, frankly, unappealing flavors (tarragon? saffron? black pepper???) but I have original on the order form, which apparently has some rose water in it.
There's some other new and interesting stuff with the water kefir in the "non produce" section, too. Dried mangoes, date rolls (these are the same ones in Fresh Market's produce section).
We will definitely be ordering those pork butts again (wow, they were good). My beef guy is out of town, but we're still on for a delivery soon. I just don't have a date yet.
ORDER FORM IS UP, GO ORDER.


So glad you are back!!!
ReplyDelete